LG / Samsung 42" Plasma comparison please

Found 11th Nov 2010
there has been a deal on the a/v forum here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-ps42c450-42-inch-600hz-wide/796878

Anyone think this is better or worse than the LG 42PJ350 42-inch Widescreen HD Ready 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview?

link

I can't afford any more than this, so although all advice is taken kindly, please don't tell me to pay a little more to get a better spec. Thanks

8 Comments

We have both (well lg 42pj550) and my own opinion is the lg is a better set. Colouring and sound is much nicer on the lg

Bought the lg from dixons with a voucher code and quidco

Hope this helps

I too have an pj550, stunning picture quality.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, any more advice welcome if it contradicts, but my mind is pretty much made up.

Sound on the Samsung is awful unless you have surround sound , it's so tinny and has no base
Edited by: "trinaandlee" 11th Nov 2010

not had either those models, but has an LG and on my 2nd samsung. Wife chose unfortunately, as i preferred the LG for picture.

trinaandlee

Sound on the Samsung is awful unless you have surround sound , it's so … Sound on the Samsung is awful unless you have surround sound , it's so tinny and has no base

If I was being honest this is the LG's bad point too!

greg_68

If I was being honest this is the LG's bad point too!

You should hear it on the Samsung it's terrible. The lg is much better imho

I've got a Samsung TV, and considering its £1000 price tag, its speakers are offensively bad. When I had the telly open to change the capacitors over (Samsung timebombed the TV with 10v caps where the circuit ran at 12v...) I fitted a speaker output terminal and installed some spare speakers from a cheap old Sanyo minisystem, and the improvement was enormous. It shouldn't have been.

So, I'd go for LG for that reason.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for 9ct gold hoop earrings please?11
    2. 12v car heater recommendations please615
    3. Where to buy women's socks712
    4. Tablet + Stylus duo for children11

See more discussions