LG smartphone recommendations

Posted 18th Jan
I have an old iPhone which is an iPhone 6 I’ve had since 2016

It’s 64gb memory because I have a lot of photos
But I’ve been told that because it’s an old phone it won’t be long before it stops working

So I’m looking for a a newer phone

I would really like an LG phone but I’d want something with enough memory and not super pricey

Can anyone help me? Just looking for recommendations atm as money is quite tight
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
LG G6 has sd memory card slot.
You can get micro sd card with over 120gb storage for less than £20
If your on a budget and you want an lg phone newer than 2016 then you have done most of the hard work yourself and the choices are pretty slim
Can't you just back your photos up on the cloud
So what superstar told you it would likely stop working?

Tech usually comes down to software obsolescence or downright cheap componentry giving up the ghost making the repair "inefficient" & non cost effective.

If you are happy with the phone, it works, & you have periodically backed photo's up on micro sd / cloud, then why not simply reduce consumption by waiting until the phone is truly knackered?

My phone is around 6 years old, in a decent phone case (leather caselogic) small, most widgets turned off, ..it rankles me as to what phones come pre-loaded with (data sensitivity) so as I need a few aspects that are not supported where I use it i've finally bit the bullet to buy a new one on the premise of the smart cleaner auto delete aspect compared to my old phone which needed a deep root software sorting to remove the guff!

If the new phone (£69) doesn't live up to reality it go's back, TBH I only want it for a literal handful of apps (grainfather, Anova, sous vide, a few temperature monitors for smoking food) & to quick check on the hoof DVLA records of prspect cars going through auction, ...I use my kindle for everything else.

The old phone will be my "mountain phone" for trips abroad where battery conservation back country / over nighting is essential, that has taken a right pounding in nasty conditions & from shock damage via rag dolling down slopes.

If your current phone works ok, is well protected from drop damage then what makes you think it is going to stop working?
Most homes have drawers of old phones, that likely still work, we tend to buy newer because we simply convince ourselves "new is necessary" ....nope!
I've got a LG G7 bought last April - Full of great features and 64Gb of built in memory ( expandable up to 2TB by micro SD). lg.com/uk/…-g7
Mr_Gus18/01/2020 10:50

So what superstar told you it would likely stop working?Tech usually comes …So what superstar told you it would likely stop working?Tech usually comes down to software obsolescence or downright cheap componentry giving up the ghost making the repair "inefficient" & non cost effective.If you are happy with the phone, it works, & you have periodically backed photo's up on micro sd / cloud, then why not simply reduce consumption by waiting until the phone is truly knackered?My phone is around 6 years old, in a decent phone case (leather caselogic) small, most widgets turned off, ..it rankles me as to what phones come pre-loaded with (data sensitivity) so as I need a few aspects that are not supported where I use it i've finally bit the bullet to buy a new one on the premise of the smart cleaner auto delete aspect compared to my old phone which needed a deep root software sorting to remove the guff! If the new phone (£69) doesn't live up to reality it go's back, TBH I only want it for a literal handful of apps (grainfather, Anova, sous vide, a few temperature monitors for smoking food) & to quick check on the hoof DVLA records of prspect cars going through auction, ...I use my kindle for everything else.The old phone will be my "mountain phone" for trips abroad where battery conservation back country / over nighting is essential, that has taken a right pounding in nasty conditions & from shock damage via rag dolling down slopes.If your current phone works ok, is well protected from drop damage then what makes you think it is going to stop working?Most homes have drawers of old phones, that likely still work, we tend to buy newer because we simply convince ourselves "new is necessary" ....nope!

One of my apps aren’t working so I looked for advice online and someone was nasty and said get a phone that isn’t old as f*** and someone else said it’s Cos I’m using a phone that’s older than 6 years and it will likely stop working all together. The app just won’t load whatsoever and it’s really frustrating me I’ve deleted and reinstalled it but still won’t load.
That's minor on a phone.

Is your phone fully updated / the app as well?
Is this app crucial to your well being or simply holds your interest currently?

What does the app say it needs to run, & how does that compare? ..sometimes devs have a backlog of work, best to email them direct for a straight answer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants