LG smartphone warranty

Found 17th Sep 2017
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help with regards to LG warranty policy in the UK.

I'm torn between getting the LG G6 and the HONOR 9.

My issue is that HUAWEI openly state a 24 month warranty with their phones, however LG are less than transparent with this and mention having to check with the retailer rather than committing to a set duration.

In my mind that raises doubt....maybe in paranoid??
Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can help?
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Whilst established warranties are great, providing you buy the phone from an EU source you receive consumer law rights. Whereby a phone should last an acceptable amount of time, perhaps 3-4 years (some would say 6, but I'm talking reasonably). Both phones will be covered under your rights as a consumer in the EU.
I'm sure I read lg have 24 months. I remember because their phones are similar to Motorola (same parent company I think) but Moto only do 12 months and thought it was ridiculous they both have different lengths. I could be wrong though.
If its warranty you are after, then LG is certainly not who you want to go with.

My daughters phone would not charge or stay on, so we contacted LG who asked for the condition etc etc

We explained that the water damage indicater was still white, not been dropped, no marks..it just stopped working one day.

Sent the phone back to LG, who advised it had been water damaged(even though they could provide proof) and refused to repair the item.

Absolutely appalling customer service...stay well away
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants