LG Sound Out Of Sync

Found 26th Aug 2012
I bought a LG TV and Blu-Ray Player today the models are
LG 50PM680T
LG BH7420P

I have plugged my Tivo box into the Blu-Ray Player with the sound coming out the surround sound but there is a Sync problem the sound is about a second a head of the picture.

Anyone know a fix for this?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. LG
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. LG
11 Comments
Try the blu-ray player menu there should be an option to add sync delay.
Original Poster
I seen that it goes up in 10ms i have tried rite up to 300ms but doesnt make a difference. I think ill phone LG tomorrow.
also turn off your TV sound when using external sound. I assume you are using an optical sound cable?
Original Poster
I have tried turning it off it seems to only be with the Tivo box i watched netflix through the DVD player last night and there was no out of sync. I am using the standard speaker cable that came with the surround system.
Try plugging the optical from the bluray to the tv, and the TiVo box hdmi only directly to the tv. Then redirect all sound through optical
Banned
On my samsung there is an engineer menu to change the screen delay. I actually set it to zero so I could listen to stereo and tv sound without them being out of sync. Seems stupid they don't delay the sound the same on all ports.
Banned
why would you plug a Tivo into a bluray player?

what device's sound is out of sync?
Original Poster
Ok ill try that now

I have my surround system hooked up to my Blu-ray player so i put my tivo box into that im not the smartest when it comes to TV's so ill try the optical option now lol
Original Poster
I didn't get an optical cable with the Bluray player only got the standard speaker wires a FM antenna and a yellow video cable so ill need to buy one then
Banned
portbhoy

I didn't get an optical cable with the Bluray player only got the … I didn't get an optical cable with the Bluray player only got the standard speaker wires a FM antenna and a yellow video cable so ill need to buy one then

why would you need one for the BR player?

just link all your devices via HDMI to your TV and have optical output from TV to surround system. Works fine for me that way.
Original Poster
Thanks guys went and bought an optical cable there and it looks like it has worked
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants