LG Time Machine...should it be this crappy?

Found 10th Jan 2016
Just used Time Machine on my 2013(ish) LG TV for the first time. Formatted a 1TB hard drive, plugged it into the TV and let it do the setup. Recorded a single 2hr programme, and watching it back now it constantly goes black and silent, missing a few seconds of footage. There's no pattern to it - sometimes it does it 3 times in a minute, sometimes you can watch for 10 minutes or so with no issues. Anyone else use Time Machine and have it actually run smoothly? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskLG
7 Comments
Banned
Possibly bad sectors on the HDD?
Anyhoo...... 'LG time machine' is new to me, so i'm off to google to see what it's all aboot!
I've tried to use Time Machine on my 2015 built LG, I can't work it out. Some people say you can use a USB Flash Drive, although it has to be over 90GB so I got hold of a 128GB USB Flash Drive. I've still had no luck and can't see the drive for recording.
I'm certain it'll be the flux capacitor.
I'm certain it'll be the flux capacitor.
Original Poster
The hard drive did recently fail to load in my Mac. But managed to access it with some fiddling on a Windows laptop, and it was freshly formatted before being used on the TV. As for Time Machine, it's hardly even mentioned in the user manual! I noticed it on the Smart homepage on the TV.
Rob.

The hard drive did recently fail to load in my Mac. But managed to … The hard drive did recently fail to load in my Mac. But managed to access it with some fiddling on a Windows laptop, and it was freshly formatted before being used on the TV. As for Time Machine, it's hardly even mentioned in the user manual! I noticed it on the Smart homepage on the TV.

So you used a HDD you knew was faulty, and you are blaming the TV?
Rob.

The hard drive did recently fail to load in my Mac. But managed to … The hard drive did recently fail to load in my Mac. But managed to access it with some fiddling on a Windows laptop, and it was freshly formatted before being used on the TV. As for Time Machine, it's hardly even mentioned in the user manual! I noticed it on the Smart homepage on the TV.

​destroy the hard drive and purchase a new one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants