LG TV

Posted 18th Jan
Guys I have an LG tv which I bought a few months ago. It has been working fine but as of recently bbc iPlayer just stops working and also YouTube keeps redirecting me to “check network connection” my tv is still connected to WiFi and all other devices work fine. Anyone had this before?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Might be worth re-installing the apps or doing a factory reset?
I had a similar problem when I had a Samsung TV connected to WiFi.
I never solved the issue.
But when I bought a LG TV, I connected it via LAN cable and it works perfectly.

You could also try removing any MAC address filtering and allowing the SSID to be visible in the router config, for a period of time, to see if that resolves the problem.
can you open the tv's browser and do a speed check (search google), you might have to search around as they use java or similar that the tv might not support
If it's under warranty get it checked out
Do you know whether you're connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz wifi? I had what sounds like the same problem on my LG (only on IPlayer though, youtube and all the others were absolutely fine) unless I forced connection on 2.4GHz only by splitting the SSID
Thanks to all for replies I’m not very savvy with I.T. So I did a factory reset and seems to be okay now. I will keep an eye on it and try the other things if it occurs again. Seems like they are making TVs more like computers now. Goes back to the saying “the more stuff you add, the more stuff that can go wrong”
My mams Samsung TV done similar, I done a factory reset and started working again
If the current LG UI is still similar to mine,

Press the home button, click on the far left hand icon to show the recent apps currently loaded into memory and close them all - putting the pointer over the app icon will bring up a close icon.

If that doesn't fix it, pull the plug for a couple of minutes, or until the led on the front goes out.

Mine's also got a very annoying habit of losing satellite channels in the guide, usually fixed by editing the programme channels and looking for a duplicate channel name one all capitals, other not, usually 102 "BBC TWO HD" and "BBC Two HD", temporarily selecting "BBC Two Wales" gets rid of the duplicate and restores all the missing channels.
Edited by: "melted" 19th Jan
melted19/01/2020 13:56

If the current LG UI is still similar to mine, Press the home button, …If the current LG UI is still similar to mine, Press the home button, click on the far left hand icon to show the recent apps currently loaded into memory and close them all - putting the pointer over the app icon will bring up a close icon. If that doesn't fix it, pull the plug for a couple of minutes, or until the led on the front goes out.Mine's also got a very annoying habit of losing satellite channels in the guide, usually fixed by editing the programme channels and looking for a duplicate channel name one all capitals, other not, usually 102 "BBC TWO HD" and "BBC Two HD", temporarily selecting "BBC Two Wales" gets rid of the duplicate and restores all the missing channels.

Thanks very much dude. I have managed to resolve the issues by just resetting the tele back to factory, just confused as to why I would need to do that to get a basic function to work. But hey ho lol
If you have an app prob with LG in the future, e.g. iPlayer, the simple solution is to put into standby and unplug for a while - no need to factory reset which would get rid of all your settings. Re-installing apps doesnt do much good in WebOS
taj_singh19/01/2020 16:49

Thanks very much dude. I have managed to resolve the issues by just …Thanks very much dude. I have managed to resolve the issues by just resetting the tele back to factory, just confused as to why I would need to do that to get a basic function to work. But hey ho lol

Shouldn't need to, for future reference, just fully closing the app by removing it from the recent app list, before re-launching it will resolve the “check network connection” problem, providing the TV has since re-established a wifi connection (you may need to go into network-wifi settings to encourage it to reconnect), and fully closing all recent apps will get them out of memory, defragmenting and freeing-up most of the RAM.

And when that doesn't work, pull the plug and wait a bit, as myself and jwsg mentioned.

Not a fan of webos, and my LG seems to be lacking enough ram, do like the OLED picture though.

Ideally, if you can use ethernet, not wifi.
Edited by: "melted" 19th Jan
melted19/01/2020 22:35

Shouldn't need to, for future reference, just fully closing the app by …Shouldn't need to, for future reference, just fully closing the app by removing it from the recent app list, before re-launching it will resolve the “check network connection” problem, providing the TV has since re-established a wifi connection (you may need to go into network-wifi settings to encourage it to reconnect), and fully closing all recent apps will get them out of memory, defragmenting and freeing-up most of the RAM.And when that doesn't work, pull the plug and wait a bit, as myself and jwsg mentioned.Not a fan of webos, and my LG seems to be lacking enough ram, do like the OLED picture though.Ideally, if you can use ethernet, not wifi.

Yeh I would but my master socket is too far from you he tv. How do you get to recent opened apps from the home button?
taj_singh20/01/2020 13:38

Yeh I would but my master socket is too far from you he tv. How do you get …Yeh I would but my master socket is too far from you he tv. How do you get to recent opened apps from the home button?

Looks like on the latest LG webos version, a long press on the most recently used app (next to my channels) icon brings it up.

icon 5 in this image:-

webostv.developer.lge.com/des…me/

On the version I have you hit the scroll left button on the far left.

You may also be still able to close the most recent app from the home "ribbon", which will then show the next most recent so you can close that as well...

When you quit apps on mine at least, they stay suspended in the background filling up the ram and if reopened resume from where they left off, so if they misbehave you usually need to fully close them.

If you can't reach the mains plug, maybe buy a cheap remote control plug in socket so you can turn the power off remotely.
Edited by: "melted" 20th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants