Found 26th Dec 2016
A tip for any new LG Smart TV owners.

For some reason our new TV DIDNT have Youtube, or several other services that our older LG has.

Nor would it screenshare YouTube from any of our phones - which again our old LG does.

After a google search I found a solution; change the "Service Provider - Country" to USA.

Hmm, USA isnt on the list (??!!), go right to the bottom and select "Other", click "OK" when it warns you it will restart the TV, and "HEY PRESTO, all the missing services appear and now ScreenShare works (after a few updates).

I presume this is some stupid licensing issue.

Another Hmm; our old LG announced a firmware update an hour ago; it will be interesting to see if Youtube has vanished from it; and if the same work around is needed.

3 Comments

Thanks for the tip! ;-) Merry Christmas

My son's TV didn't have it so searched in the help section and all you have to do is create an account in the LG store (free) and then download it. Lots of other apps there too!

Original Poster

eclairlou

My son's TV didn't have it so searched in the help section and all you … My son's TV didn't have it so searched in the help section and all you have to do is create an account in the LG store (free) and then download it. Lots of other apps there too!

Ours wasnt even showing the LG store, so couldnt try that; the new OS is nowhere near as easy to use or as quick to navigate as the old one; another case of eye candy over substance.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. dakine backpacks22
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?11
    3. Home CCTV system advice.33
    4. Android pay set up59

See more discussions