Lg tv does not connect to sky box

Refreshed 4th May (Posted 4th May)
Hi my sky box is very old and just use it for free view channels i cant connect it to the tv as the scart lead is big for a lg hdr tv what leads do i need to attach a sky box and dvd player thank you for your help in advance(cheeky)
Community Updates
17 Comments
You could try one of these for £9.87 delivered. In addition you will need a HDMI lead and either a USB port on the TV or a USB phone charger to power the device.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 4th May
If it’s hdr it should have a hdmi and so should your sky box, if not time to get on to them and get them to update it for you
Have you not got an aerial?
Does the LG TV have a sat connector ? If it does I would retire the sky box and connect it up to the TV.

freesat.co.uk/hel…vs/
Skaman17 m ago

Have you not got an aerial?

It has a ariel and a satelite dish
kester765 m ago

Does the LG TV have a sat connector ? If it does I would retire the sky …Does the LG TV have a sat connector ? If it does I would retire the sky box and connect it up to the TV.https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/setting-freesat-lg-tvs/

I think iv done that when i set the tv but no children freeview chanels come up:/
If i get a new sky hd box does anyone know if it will work without me having to subscribe to sky
amzzzzyyyy16 m ago

If i get a new sky hd box does anyone know if it will work without me …If i get a new sky hd box does anyone know if it will work without me having to subscribe to sky

Yes a sky box without a subscription works as a freesat box, you can't record without a sub though. Channels will be limited to cbbc, cbeebies, citv, pop, tinypop and possibly 1 or 2 I can't remember. It won't include the premium kids channels like cartoon network, nick etc.
amzzzzyyyy33 m ago

I think iv done that when i set the tv but no children freeview chanels …I think iv done that when i set the tv but no children freeview chanels come up:/

Not sure, I assume you have to run a satellite setup which gives you the EPG.
Richard_Richard1 h, 57 m ago

Yes a sky box without a subscription works as a freesat box, you can't …Yes a sky box without a subscription works as a freesat box, you can't record without a sub though. Channels will be limited to cbbc, cbeebies, citv, pop, tinypop and possibly 1 or 2 I can't remember. It won't include the premium kids channels like cartoon network, nick etc.

Yes thats what my old box had thank you(highfive)
kester761 h, 51 m ago

Not sure, I assume you have to run a satellite setup which gives you the …Not sure, I assume you have to run a satellite setup which gives you the EPG.

kester761 h, 51 m ago

Not sure, I assume you have to run a satellite setup which gives you the …Not sure, I assume you have to run a satellite setup which gives you the EPG.

The previous link you gave i will try the step by step tommorw and see if it works thanks
You can pick up old sky hd or sky + hd boxes for about 20 quid second hand from car boots or flea markets
kester7614 h, 50 m ago

Does the LG TV have a sat connector ? If it does I would retire the sky …Does the LG TV have a sat connector ? If it does I would retire the sky box and connect it up to the TV.https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/setting-freesat-lg-tvs/

Thank you it worked but i didnt selct the free view instd did the freesat
ding2 h, 28 m ago

You can pick up old sky hd or sky + hd boxes for about 20 quid second hand …You can pick up old sky hd or sky + hd boxes for about 20 quid second hand from car boots or flea markets

Thank you on the look out now for one
amzzzzyyyy5 h, 20 m ago

Thank you it worked but i didnt selct the free view instd did the freesat

You should be able to enable both freeview and satellite in the tuning menu, on my LG you select which one to view from the programme guide.

Mine came with a scart socket on a little lead that plugs in the back to connect scart leads to.
Edited by: "melted" 5th May
melted2 h, 12 m ago

You should be able to enable both freeview and satellite in the tuning …You should be able to enable both freeview and satellite in the tuning menu, on my LG you select which one to view from the programme guide.Mine came with a scart socket on a little lead that plugs in the back to connect scart leads to.

I didnt get that
Buy a new tv.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants