LG Tv price Help please !! LG 55UH850V

Posted 28th Feb
My friend in the office has this tv for sale, he is moving to a smaller place.

It’s in great second hand condition.
LG 55UH850V

lg.com/lev…50V

He told me to make an offer, I have no idea what it’s worth, I was thinking £200 but no idea if that’s too much or not enough

Had a look online not much to go on.

Would appreciate any help

Many thanks

Rob
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Hi BS. God, I hate when people say "Make me an offer." That TV is a 2016 model (now discontinued) and I can see a shop had it for £530. Remembering that you'll have NO warranty if something goes wrong, I certainly wouldn't be paying over £200 for it. If they want an offer - lowball it. I know it's perhaps a colleague/friend so make it a 'casual' lowball at £150. If they cough at that, remind them that it's a four year old TV with no warranty - unless they had warranty that they would be willing to use on your behalf or even transfer?

It's a 3D TV so is he supplying glasses too? Unless you're not that interested in 3D of course.
Phsycronix28/02/2020 11:00

Hi BS. God, I hate when people say "Make me an offer." That TV is a 2016 …Hi BS. God, I hate when people say "Make me an offer." That TV is a 2016 model (now discontinued) and I can see a shop had it for £530. Remembering that you'll have NO warranty if something goes wrong, I certainly wouldn't be paying over £200 for it. If they want an offer - lowball it. I know it's perhaps a colleague/friend so make it a 'casual' lowball at £150. If they cough at that, remind them that it's a four year old TV with no warranty - unless they had warranty that they would be willing to use on your behalf or even transfer?It's a 3D TV so is he supplying glasses too? Unless you're not that interested in 3D of course.

Totally agree with you.
I was actually thinking about starting with an offer of 100 & go up to 140 max considering it’s an older model.
Course I have no idea what this retailed for in 2016 but I guess it doesn’t matter
It’s in excellent condition so not a bad deal under 150 ?
Sharp LC-50UI7422K 50” 4K UHD LED Smart TV Television
I can get this for 125£ , excellent second hand condition with 6 months warranty.
Which would you go for ?
BigStart28/02/2020 11:03

Totally agree with you.I was actually thinking about starting with an …Totally agree with you.I was actually thinking about starting with an offer of 100 & go up to 140 max considering it’s an older model. Course I have no idea what this retailed for in 2016 but I guess it doesn’t matter It’s in excellent condition so not a bad deal under 150 ?

I guess you looked at Ebay? There's plenty "bits" from broken down ones but only a couple of "used" working ones. One is £400 - another £200.

I suppose it's up to you really. £100 is a "really" lowball number but they DID say "make an offer" didn't they! Sometimes I'll see TV's of this ilk on Gumtree and the like going for silly money so it's not unthinkable. Depends how desperate they are to get rid - and how big a "hit" they are happy to take from the original purchase price. They may have got it at a bargain price too. Do you know how long they have had it? Maybe they had it secondhand also?
BigStart28/02/2020 11:04

Sharp LC-50UI7422K 50” 4K UHD LED Smart TV Television I can get this for 1 …Sharp LC-50UI7422K 50” 4K UHD LED Smart TV Television I can get this for 125£ , excellent second hand condition with 6 months warranty.Which would you go for ?

The LG over the Sharp ANY DAY. Saying that however, I'm a bit 'bias' as I'd have neither. I'm a Panasonic man...
Phsycronix28/02/2020 11:09

The LG over the Sharp ANY DAY. Saying that however, I'm a bit 'bias' as …The LG over the Sharp ANY DAY. Saying that however, I'm a bit 'bias' as I'd have neither. I'm a Panasonic man...

Haha fair enough .. I know LG is a much better tv brand. Think I will make him a coffee now & make the 125 offer .
Will let you know how it goes
I used to work in electrical retail and "Lucky Goldstar" have come a long way. Sharp - I wouldn't tiddle on one if it was on fire - I'd sit and watch it burn!
Phsycronix28/02/2020 11:08

I guess you looked at Ebay? There's plenty "bits" from broken down ones …I guess you looked at Ebay? There's plenty "bits" from broken down ones but only a couple of "used" working ones. One is £400 - another £200.I suppose it's up to you really. £100 is a "really" lowball number but they DID say "make an offer" didn't they! Sometimes I'll see TV's of this ilk on Gumtree and the like going for silly money so it's not unthinkable. Depends how desperate they are to get rid - and how big a "hit" they are happy to take from the original purchase price. They may have got it at a bargain price too. Do you know how long they have had it? Maybe they had it secondhand also?

I offered him 100£ ., I thought he would negotiate but he said “ cool,will ask the mrs “
BigStart28/02/2020 11:42

I offered him 100£ ., I thought he would negotiate but he said “ cool,will …I offered him 100£ ., I thought he would negotiate but he said “ cool,will ask the mrs “

Everything was great - until I read "the mrs." Uh-oh...
"Honestly love, I thought a hundred quid was good..."
40005258-skubY.jpg
"A HUNDERED QUID!!! ARE YOU CRAZY MAN?"
Phsycronix28/02/2020 11:52

"Honestly love, I thought a hundred quid was good..."[Image] "A HUNDERED …"Honestly love, I thought a hundred quid was good..."[Image] "A HUNDERED QUID!!! ARE YOU CRAZY MAN?"

Worth a try .. I made him a coffee .. I still have to go over to pick it up .. not easy to take a big tv
No reply yet I won’t ask again will let him come to me
Haha she will be shocked I bet lol
Phsycronix28/02/2020 11:12

I used to work in electrical retail and "Lucky Goldstar" have come a long …I used to work in electrical retail and "Lucky Goldstar" have come a long way. Sharp - I wouldn't tiddle on one if it was on fire - I'd sit and watch it burn!

Sharp are now owned by hisense who allegedly make good TVs
ding28/02/2020 13:15

I know someone on here who would disagree with the Hisense comment but also, Hisense do tend to be on the cheaper end of the scale. There's a reason for that - and it's the same reason Sharp were cheaper than their competitors. Components.

I don't tend to get into 'quality' debates as it's a touchy subject with many. Especially when you discover that it's their chosen favourite. I had a unique perspective (being the Manager for warranty returns) and; apart from Sharp; Toshiba were just as bad for failure and other things I won't mention...

I am Panasonic all the way but even I will be the first to admit that they are NOT the Panasonic of old - unless you go for the very high end (non Vestel) stuff. Even our field engineer said he would never touch anything else.
I've had this TV. Suffered from a horrible auto dimming issue you couldn't turn off. Other than that I liked it. Slow on the old apps and menu tho.
ding28/02/2020 13:15

No they're not.

Sharp were bought by Hong Hai Precision Industry - better known as Foxconn. Foxconn/Sharp then bought up UMC who had acquired the European sharp factory and the licence to use the Sharp name in Europe a few years ago when Sharp was collapsing, and have been making the European Sharp branded TVs of recent years.

As far as I'm aware the only involvement Hisense have is the licence to use the Sharp name in North America, and some of their former assets there.

You may also be getting mixed up with Toshiba, who recently sold off their remaining TV department to Hisense. Although the Toshiba badge in Europe is currently used by the Turkish manufacturer Vestel (who incidentally also ended up with Toshiba's European TV plant, via Compal).
EndlessWaves28/02/2020 18:26

No they're not.Sharp were bought by Hong Hai Precision Industry - better …No they're not.Sharp were bought by Hong Hai Precision Industry - better known as Foxconn. Foxconn/Sharp then bought up UMC who had acquired the European sharp factory and the licence to use the Sharp name in Europe a few years ago when Sharp was collapsing, and have been making the European Sharp branded TVs of recent years.As far as I'm aware the only involvement Hisense have is the licence to use the Sharp name in North America, and some of their former assets there. You may also be getting mixed up with Toshiba, who recently sold off their remaining TV department to Hisense. Although the Toshiba badge in Europe is currently used by the Turkish manufacturer Vestel (who incidentally also ended up with Toshiba's European TV plant, via Compal).

40008649-Y82HR.jpg
ding28/02/2020 19:03

[Image]

They didn't buy sharp, they bought one of its factories in Mexico and the license to sell TV's branded Sharp in the US. That was a 5 year deal in 2015 so pobably ending this year.
julieallen28/02/2020 19:18

They didn't buy sharp, they bought one of its factories in Mexico and the …They didn't buy sharp, they bought one of its factories in Mexico and the license to sell TV's branded Sharp in the US. That was a 5 year deal in 2015 so pobably ending this year.

Lol people think buying a factory in North America is selling the entire global operations lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants