LG TV recording

LocalFound 28th Apr 2017
I wonder if anyone can help. I'm trying to get an LG tv to record Tv onto a usb device. I've plugged in the usb and the TV reads it but it will not let me record anything. it says add USB HHD device to use LG time machine recording. What is a usb if it isn't that? Does anyone know what i should be using or how i need to format my USB device so it works? Thank you
Community Updates
AskLGTVLG TV
9 Comments
Id imagine FAT 32. Tried different slots?
Make sure it's the correct usb slot, my LG TV has three slots and only one is for recording. you then need to format it in the settings
Yeah. Need to format usb stick
Think they only record to silly size USB devices.
Have tried a 64gb on mine and says no go.
you_gotta_be_kidding

Make sure it's the correct usb slot, my LG TV has three slots and only … Make sure it's the correct usb slot, my LG TV has three slots and only one is for recording. you then need to format it in the settings

​There are no settings in the TV to format it. I can do it on a computer?
Buy yourself a small portable 2.5" 500gb hard drive. It will work then. They don't record onto flash or pen drives.

Edited by: "Smartguy1" 28th Apr 2017
It needs to be a USB hard drive as it's recording in real time it needs to be able to fast most USB sticks don't cut the mustard
What 'usb' have you got plugged in?

It needs to be a usb hard disk drive, not a usb memory stick
I think it's a USB flash drive so that might be the issue then? I have an old hard drive, I'll try that and see if it works. Thank you everyone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants