LG TV's - Currys Exclusive v Standard model

Found 24th Mar
Does anyone know if the LG 43UJ701V TV which is a Currys exclusive is essentially the same TV as the regular LG 43UJ750V?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
That’s the one I’m looking at
But I’m not happy with the refresh rate 50hrts
andyleadman2 h, 10 m ago

That’s the one I’m looking at But I’m not happy with the refresh rate 50hrt …That’s the one I’m looking at But I’m not happy with the refresh rate 50hrts

Every TV at that price has a 50/60hz refresh rate. The cheapest TVs that do 100/120hz are LG's SJ series, and bear in mind that's only at lower resolutions, HDMI 2.0 doesn't have sufficient bandwidth for more than 60hz at 4K.

@Mottmania The Currys Exclusive variants are always numbered above the normal version to make them seem better (e.g. SJ810 vs. SJ800, MU6470 vs. MU6400 or DX650 vs. DX600). If I recall correctly the 701 is the 670 with the magic remote bundled.
My budget is £450-£500
Help , I love gaming and sport , so I need a refresh rate
Plz help
andyleadman15 h, 58 m ago

My budget is £450-£500 Help , I love gaming and sport , so I need a r …My budget is £450-£500 Help , I love gaming and sport , so I need a refresh rate Plz help

Everything in that price range has the same refresh rate. I'd focus on other aspects of motion handling like it's BFI/Backlight strobing abilities and grey to grey response time.

Sony are often a good bet, and I know the XE80 has decent response times and BFI works even in game mode. I'm not sure if that also applies to the XE70 models that are within budget though.
johnlewis.com/son…775
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants