Groups

LG V20 Smartphone: Question about Warranty

So I am really interested in buying this super underrated phone from Amazon but the problem is it has not been launched in the UK.

Does this then mean that LG UK cannot repair this device? I realise that it does come with 1 year's warranty but I really want to know that if the phone messes up for whatever reason then I can get LG to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

10 Comments

I would have thought the guarantee is worldwide. I had my Sony phone screen repaired in the US under warranty. Probably a good idea to go on their website and look for a customer service live chat tool and ask.

LG are refusing to fix my G5 as I bought it (new) from eBay so don't count on them honouring any warranty

Original Poster

japes

LG are refusing to fix my G5 as I bought it (new) from eBay so don't … LG are refusing to fix my G5 as I bought it (new) from eBay so don't count on them honouring any warranty

that's disgusting. they refused it because you bought it off eBay?

#3 should give you a clue, email the direct with the question.
    If they say yes, save the email as documented proof.
    Also check to see if the seller is covered by Amazon.

amazon will take care of the warranty

voytekvoytek58

amazon will take care of the warranty

Only if being sold by Amazon

from description
    Official Factory Unlocked V20, fully compatible with all the UK Networks - 1 year Seller warranty.

voytekvoytek58

from descriptionOfficial Factory Unlocked V20, fully compatible with all … from descriptionOfficial Factory Unlocked V20, fully compatible with all the UK Networks - 1 year Seller warranty.

seller could be a dodgy company in china. you need to check who the seller is

mattsokolinski

seller could be a dodgy company in china. you need to check who the … seller could be a dodgy company in china. you need to check who the seller is

I see you dont know much about amazon, if something will go wrong they will pay you and chase up seller.
    I had about 4 phones returned to sellers on amazon.
    In my opinion there is no safer place to buy than amazon.

Purchased a v20 about a month back, now it's stuck in bootloop and LG UK will not fix it because it isnt on the current market. Not impressed, second LG phone to go into bootloop. Would not recommend
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amsterdam Booking.com advice33
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2752
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?38
      4. plusnet mobile terrible35

See more discussions