LG V30 verses Samsung S8/S8+ DAC

Found 14th Nov 2017
So (always start a thread with "So" to fit in with the current trends) with Black Friday just around the corner and the 100% guaranteed certainty, sure fire, put your house on it, no doubt about it, rumours the Samsung S8 will be heavily discounted during the event.

How does the DAC of the S8/S8+ compare to the one in the LG V30?
Obviously, from the reviews the LG's is better, but by how much?
Are we talking a significant difference or just a bit? Making the S8 still the phone to go for?

My headphones: Sony MDR 1000X

Also, I can't remember where I've seen this, but doesn't Android Oreo feature some kind of high quality audio settings too?

So, thank you

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

No idea on the DAC side of things, but the only review I’ve seen of the LG said the screen wasn’t great - I think it was on Stuff’s website, but I’m not 100% on that

The V30 destroyed the Note 8 which I expect is similar if not identical to the S8.

for the DAC only, the V30 will be much better, but only if you have high end headphones to make use of it.

Original Poster

Thank you very much everyone
I was subscribing to this thread, but didn't receive any email notifications.

Will you be plugging the headphones in at all? Because if you're not, then it doesn't matter how good the DAC is, because you won't be using it. DACs only factor in when you're outputting the signal in an analog format, which isn't the case when you're outputting to bluetooth headphones.

Original Poster

dxx14 h, 0 m ago

Will you be plugging the headphones in at all? Because if you're not, then …Will you be plugging the headphones in at all? Because if you're not, then it doesn't matter how good the DAC is, because you won't be using it. DACs only factor in when you're outputting the signal in an analog format, which isn't the case when you're outputting to bluetooth headphones.

Usually I just use them via BT, but I would use them wired if I decided to get the LG.
Post a comment
@
    Text