Groups

LG vs. Philips LCD tvs

I'm wondering what tv is better.

37" LG 37LH3010 (369£) vs the 42" philips 42PFL5604

20£ more for a 42" but is Phillips as good as LG or is it better.

Please advise

10 Comments

I would say..you are better off asking this on AVForums tbh, those guys know their stuff!

I'd get the bigger one, but I don't care for brands anywho.

Penny Saver

I'd get the bigger one, but I don't care for brands anywho.

Nor quality?

I only watch TV, not so much into films or stuff, so as long as it shows Eastenders I'm a happy bunny. Bigger is better for me.

Original Poster

I game on the ps3 some evenings and weekends.. And the occasional blu ray... Does that change anything?

Is there a big currys store near you? they will have a load of TV's out on display all showing the same feed. You can see a marked difference between TV's, however, I will stand by my first reply

Original Poster

Cheers. I did have a long look. 42" really does make a huge difference over 37" but the quality is the issue. Does any one have exp with philips tvs?

aardvarking

Is there a big currys store near you? they will have a load of TV's out … Is there a big currys store near you? they will have a load of TV's out on display all showing the same feed. You can see a marked difference between TV's, however, I will stand by my first reply

you wont find any philips TVs in a Currys tho.
    they don't deal with DSG anymore

philips tv seems to be getting bad reviews at avforums

Original Poster

thanks for the advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211139
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp810
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764583
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…44

See more discussions