lg washer/dryer combo is not draining - any tips advice?

Posted 27th Jul
this is the washing machine

lg.com/uk/…H2W

water still remains in the drum, tried spinning - but it doesn't pump the water out
i have checked the drain filter/trap (it was clear). I then turned on the drain/spin cycle with an empty load and it worked (started spinning).
and I hear the drain motor trying to drain and then get the OE error again and no spinning

ive removed the water via the panel at bottom of machine, nothing seems to be clogged.

any tips
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
deleted5655
Possibly the solenoid valve needs replacing if you have checked out everything else. Is there an error code at all?
ue

I think its related to draining. i did overload.
Check the standpipe or waste pipe the drain hose connects to isn't blocked and the washing machine drain hose isn't kinked or blocked, my Zanussi gives an error code if the water can't drain freely down the standpipe.
melted27/07/2020 16:42

Check the standpipe or waste pipe the drain hose connects to isn't blocked …Check the standpipe or waste pipe the drain hose connects to isn't blocked and the washing machine drain hose isn't kinked or blocked, my Zanussi gives an error code if the water can't drain freely down the standpipe.

i did check the waste pipe where the drain hose connects - there doesn't seem any bits there

the drain hose has a few kinks, but nothing too drastic i think
im getting a professional over to fix... i was hoping i could do myself
thanks for your help
Take the drain hose off completely, then run a garden hose through it, those "few kinks" don't sound good, crap could well have built up over time.
Have you tried clearing the error by removing mains power for 20 minutes. If my machine has a hiccup it will occur every time I subsequently use the machine, even if I have solved the cause, until I unplug it for many minutes.

After doing this it works fine, even if the original cause was unsolved.
wakkaday27/07/2020 16:40

ueI think its related to draining. i did overload.

UE is unbalanced error. Split the load and spin again. I normally get this if I put 3 towels in a load with other stuff. Have a waterproof bucket as you’ll be pulling out dripping stuff.
Too late now as the OP has called a repairman, but my next suggestion would have been putting the machine in test mode, there's a fair chance the machine has one, and testing the water level sensor. Mine for example will show a water level counter when you select one of the fill solenoids, or the drain pump test.

Googling found this for an LG, other LG models may be the same.

I usually try to find a service manual, a list of error codes, and how to get in diagnostic mode when I buy a new washing machine, and hope I never need it.

One other thing I would check is that the pump impeller isn't jammed, by turning off the mains power draining the water and removing the filter/trap in front of it checking for anything that might be jamming it with a torch, then carefully (so as not to break anything) trying to turn it with something long enough to reach in like a pencil - or tipping up the machine to get at it from the back.
Edited by: "melted" 28th Jul
41513163-LKPiL.jpg
Hope OP is not charged heavily for this 😩
melted28/07/2020 11:03

Too late now as the OP has called a repairman, but my next suggestion …Too late now as the OP has called a repairman, but my next suggestion would have been putting the machine in test mode, there's a fair chance the machine has one, and testing the water level sensor. Mine for example will show a water level counter when you select one of the fill solenoids, or the drain pump test. Googling found this for an LG, other LG models may be the same.[Video] I usually try to find a service manual, a list of error codes, and how to get in diagnostic mode when I buy a new washing machine, and hope I never need it. One other thing I would check is that the pump impeller isn't jammed, by turning off the mains power draining the water and removing the filter/trap in front of it checking for anything that might be jamming it with a torch, then carefully (so as not to break anything) trying to turn it with something long enough to reach in like a pencil - or tipping up the machine to get at it from the back.

Damn I wish I read this post. So it cost me £30

The repairman simply titled the washing machine back and pulled out the filter which all of a sudden had teared clothes attached to it. When the machine was level on the ground the filter was clear
wakkaday28/07/2020 21:59

Damn I wish I read this post. So it cost me £30The repairman simply titled …Damn I wish I read this post. So it cost me £30The repairman simply titled the washing machine back and pulled out the filter which all of a sudden had teared clothes attached to it. When the machine was level on the ground the filter was clear

On the plus side, £30 ain't bad and getting a plumber with corvid-19 still about, you've done well
Edited by: "esar" 29th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants