Expired

LGA 775 motherboard with onboard sound, graphics needed

1 reply
Found 28th Aug 2007
Hi everyone, I'm trying to put together a PC for my mate who's a bit short of cash. At the centre of the PC will be a P4 3.4ghz CPU that I've just pulled out of my Dell system. I also have a GB of PC 2100 DDR2 ram and a heatsink. Now all I need is a really cheap motherboard to start to ball rolling. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance people

2 Comments

Just ordered ]this Asus P5L for a friend.

It's £41.87, and has on-board graphics and 5.1 audio, as well as firewire, SATA-300 hard drive ports and support for up to 4gbs of DDR2 ram.
This was bought for a Core2Duo system however, so you might find cheaper 775 motherboards without Core2Duo support.

Good luck!

Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up

Can anyone else find something cheaper? I not too bothered about having "Dual Core" support as 0rchid put it. I just want a motherboard that has a basic soundcard on it, as well as a video card, that will take a P4 3.4ghz and PC2100 DDR2 memory.

I don't mind if someone on here has a second hand one to sell. I'm just determined to build the best PC I can for the least amount of money. Come on "Deal Hunters" help me out
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...55
    2. Foo fighters presale code.2728
    3. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…1017
    4. Sim deal with EU calls11

See more discussions