LHMZNIY A8 Laptops - This looks too good to be true, does anyone know if they're ok?

Posted 19th Nov
Hi all. I've seen this laptop, seems great for the price, but I've never heard of them, any experienced opinions about them?

Thanks

LHMZNIY A8 Laptops
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Rubbish CPU
Seems meh for the price, especially considering an unattractive foreign purchase, certainly not TGTBT.
You know that you are looking at China for shipped items - take risk/hassle to save money.
This is as good as any other thousands of traders, pay with credit card, be bold and save.
Edited by: "splender" 19th Nov
splender19/11/2019 17:01

You know that you are looking at China for shipped items - take …You know that you are looking at China for shipped items - take risk/hassle to save money.This is as good as any other thousands of traders, pay with credit card, be bold and save.

Credit card (S75) protection not applicable to Amazon marketplace purchases, including the option presented by OP.
AndyRoyd19/11/2019 17:10

Credit card (S75) protection not applicable to Amazon marketplace …Credit card (S75) protection not applicable to Amazon marketplace purchases, including the option presented by OP.

charge back
splender19/11/2019 17:16

charge back

Would be a significant leap of faith to base a perception of purchase protection on a goodwill gesture from card company, unlike S75 that is legally enforceable.
AndyRoyd19/11/2019 22:43

Would be a significant leap of faith to base a perception of purchase …Would be a significant leap of faith to base a perception of purchase protection on a goodwill gesture from card company, unlike S75 that is legally enforceable.

Leap of faith is already on the way being possibly accepted by the OP when this was said, " I've seen this laptop, seems great for the price, but I've never heard of them, any experienced opinions about them?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I make this clear for the benefit of others (in law and consumer rights).

What you said about marketplace and S.75 protection is an example category from a universal principle.

In general, if you buy an item from Shop A.

Shop cannot take (for whatever the reason) and does not take the credit card.

Shop B takes the credit card payment on behalf of Shop A.

You take item home, the item will not be protected by S.75.

An example legal case (long time ago now, I do not recall the case law name) :-

A person went to buy goods from a shop. The shop's machine could not take money due to a technical fault. The trader was a friend of next door's trader. The trader in shop next door obliged and took the credit card. The transaction went through. Everyone was happy. Later, the goods were faulty. Neither of the shop was liable for S.75.
Edited by: "splender" 19th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants