Groups

Lidl 1080p HDMI Player

Banned
    just bought silvercrest hmdi dvd player and quality is absolutely ****. i am used to ps3 and this is going back to lidl next thing tomz

avoid it

17 Comments

I'd edit your OP.

Banned

ooooops swearing in opening post infraction on its way

also what do you expect when you buy cheap brands

Erm... It's a DVD player, what do you expect?

Original Poster Banned

Shengis;5490121

Erm... It's a DVD player, what do you expect?

to play dvd

Banned

gR8_mUndA;5490180

to play dvd

and it does I assume? maybe to not as good a standard....

is the new DVD player an upscaler? cause the PS3 is!

Banned

So, is 4 stars good then?

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;5490196

and it does I assume? maybe to not as good a standard....is the new DVD … and it does I assume? maybe to not as good a standard....is the new DVD player an upscaler? cause the PS3 is!

yeh it is an 1080p hdmi dvd player like i said in the title and 1st post.

ps3 dvd upscaler is amazing. this lidl silvercrest player is a big let down

Original Poster Banned

Pluun;5490252

So, is 4 stars good then?

4 on a scale of ten. it has all the outputs like vga and optical, i connected my speakers using optical and wont change to dolby digital. plays in stereo mode. better off spending a little extra and getting a decent make

Banned

gR8_mUndA;5490282

yeh it is an 1080p hdmi dvd player like i said in the title and 1st … yeh it is an 1080p hdmi dvd player like i said in the title and 1st post.ps3 dvd upscaler is amazing. this lidl silvercrest player is a big let down

do any ACTUALLY output 1080p? I dont think so

ODB_69;5491539

Its a very valid point!

ODB_69;5491539

I don't see why they wouldn't. £15 graphic cards from ten years ago could output higher resolutions than that, so a high output res doesn't seem to be a great stretch. The problem's more that the upscaling tech behind the output is going to be guff in a cheapie DVD player.

that wasn't predictable

ODB_69;5491539

A lot do 1080p including this one, the default setting on this machine is 720p though

Link toplayer manual ]here

barneydog;5494673

A lot do 1080p including this one, the default setting on this machine is … A lot do 1080p including this one, the default setting on this machine is 720p thoughLink toplayer manual ]here

Yeah they output a 1080p signal that is but its not comparable to a a true 1080p Picture, half the time upscaling only makes a bad picture worse, you need to have a good source to be upscaling.

Some DVDs are better than others.

I have the same DVD player and I would say the upscaling qualities are about the same as the PS3 there isn't much in it.

Original Poster Banned

Celticsun;5494834

Yeah they output a 1080p signal that is but its not comparable to a a … Yeah they output a 1080p signal that is but its not comparable to a a true 1080p Picture, half the time upscaling only makes a bad picture worse, you need to have a good source to be upscaling.Some DVDs are better than others.I have the same DVD player and I would say the upscaling qualities are about the same as the PS3 there isn't much in it.

i tried same dvd in both and found a bit of difference. mind pmING me ur dvd player video settings ? ta

It's from Lidl what did you expect?

Banned

Adam2050;5504877

It's from Lidl what did you expect?

precisely

PS3's cost lots, LIDL DVD players dont

you pays for whats you gets

why dont you try suing them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten1721
      2. Bearded chat1223
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407243
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311387

See more discussions