Lidl hummus shortage

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Hi! Does anyone know why Lidl hasn't had their normal hummus for the past month since the recall?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Most should have received houmous from an alternative supplier. My local one usually receives 3 cases a day, but it is only original flavour. Have you asked anyone working there?
SpeedJunkie12/12/2019 23:00

Most should have received houmous from an alternative supplier. My local …Most should have received houmous from an alternative supplier. My local one usually receives 3 cases a day, but it is only original flavour. Have you asked anyone working there?

Thanks! Nope, will do though!
Apparently they use same suppliers as Morrison’s, who had withdrawn all their hummus due to a salmonella outbreak
yvonnemaddie12/12/2019 23:24

Apparently they use same suppliers as Morrison’s, who had withdrawn all t …Apparently they use same suppliers as Morrison’s, who had withdrawn all their hummus due to a salmonella outbreak

Mmm I don't see how they're still affected more than a month on?
Haircut_10012/12/2019 23:55

Who knows. Why not just send a message via the Contact Us section of their …Who knows. Why not just send a message via the Contact Us section of their website and ask them directly? https://customer-service.lidl.co.uk/SelfServiceUK/s/contactsupport?language=en_GB

Done!
mine Aldi had no stuffiness for while
YouTalkinToMe12/12/2019 23:34

Mmm I don't see how they're still affected more than a month on?

Food is in the system far longer than you think.
I was once given a pack of super market millionaire shortbread. The small chunks you get in clear box for about £2.
These normally have about a week use by date. However direct from the manufacturer, it had a 3 week best before date.

When food is prepped, the pipeline of stock takes time to filter through to the consumer. If production was shut down for investigation, cleaning and resolution. There could have been none made for 2 weeks, while everything in the supply chain would have been destroyed. A month would sound about right.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 13th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions