Lidl Memory Foam Mattress

Found 21st Aug 2017
Hi all,
I've seen king size memory foam mattresses in my local Lidl for £75. Being currently in the market for a new mattress, I'm seriously tempted to get one.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Any good? Seems really cheap but I know Lidl stuff is generally pretty decent.
Do memory foam mattresses take a bit of getting used to? Are they much firmer than your normal mattress?
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I suffered from backache from using a memory foam topper, i think it was due to pushing against the topper when turning over in bed, I don't know whether a mattress would be the same, my aches dissappeared after removing the topper.
I've got two. One on my son's bed and one on the spare bed. A bit weird that it has no springs. I've not had any complaints but I'm not sure i'd want to sleep on it full time. Thing is though, at that price you can almost afford to Chuck it if it doesn't suit.
A relative has one and I really don't like it. You sort of sink into them and I feel a little 'trapped' in it. Rolling over is slightly harder and I feel hotter than usual.
However, millions have them, so I guess it's horses for courses.
For £75,you can be pretty sure it will be terrible quality. Check the memory foam layer thickness. Mattress should be minimum 10 inches with at least 2inches of that being memory foam.
Edited by: "chocci" 22nd Aug 2017
chocci10 m ago

For £75,you can be pretty sure it will be terrible quality. Check the …For £75,you can be pretty sure it will be terrible quality. Check the memory foam layer thickness. Mattress should be minimum 12 inches with at least 2inches of that being memory foam.

I agree, a friend had one, she soon replaced it. That type of mattress would be more suited to occasional use. Spend more for lasting comfort
Forget memory foam its just a gimmick makes you sweat when its warm.
Natural pocket springs are the way to go.
Always buy decent shoes and a decent bed
You spend 2/3 of your life on your feet and 1/3 in bed.
VCB-16036 m ago

Forget memory foam its just a gimmick makes you sweat when its …Forget memory foam its just a gimmick makes you sweat when its warm.Natural pocket springs are the way to go.Always buy decent shoes and a decent bed You spend 2/3 of your life on your feet and 1/3 in bed.

to call them a gimmick is nonsense - my memory foam bed is far more comfortable and better supporting than any sprung bed I have tried. latest ones dont get hot either. Mine did cost £450 though. You get what you pay for so agree you really should spend decent money rather than skimping.

ergoflex.co.uk/
There seems to be a big disparity between cheap and expensive memory foam mattresses. We bought a cheap one for my teenage son and very quickly it developed a large dip where he slept. Wouldn't go for another cheap one again. He now has a decent quality pocket sprung matress and no dips
Do they do different levels of firmness? I have a different brand but I certainly don't sink into it, I have no problem turning, or laying on my side.

Had mine for three years now, best mattress I've had for comfort, despite what VCB says - they are not a gimmick.
chocci39 m ago

to call them a gimmick is nonsense - my memory foam bed is far more …to call them a gimmick is nonsense - my memory foam bed is far more comfortable and better supporting than any sprung bed I have tried. latest ones dont get hot either. Mine did cost £450 though. You get what you pay for so agree you really should spend decent money rather than skimping.https://www.ergoflex.co.uk/

I work in the bedding industry and they are a gimmick just something to increase sales.
Having used various memory foam and gel beds some being 18-20 inch thick nothing beats pocket springs.
The Mistake a lot of people do is buy a bed blind and then regret it.
Buying a bed is not about what materials it contains - is it the right bed for You.
Edited by: "Terrahawks" 22nd Aug 2017
I had one of the Lidl ones but took it back... 2 or 3 days after unrolling it still had lumps and bumps.
VCB-16040 m ago

I work in the bedding industry and they are a gimmick just something to …I work in the bedding industry and they are a gimmick just something to increase sales.Having used various memory foam and gel beds some being 18-20 inch thick nothing beats pocket springs.The Mistake a lot of people do is buy a bed blind and then regret it.Buying a bed is not about what materials it contains - is it the right bed for You.

You contradict yourself there

tried many beds and my memory foam mattress is by far the best for me

maybe you should take up another profession
chocci29 m ago

You contradict yourself theretried many beds and my memory foam mattress …You contradict yourself theretried many beds and my memory foam mattress is by far the best for memaybe you should take up another profession

You should go to opticians
Please highlight.
I don't see My Memory foam I see Having used various memory foam and gel beds some being 18-20 inch thick nothing beats pocket springs.
chocci8 h, 25 m ago

For £75,you can be pretty sure it will be terrible quality. Check the …For £75,you can be pretty sure it will be terrible quality. Check the memory foam layer thickness. Mattress should be minimum 10 inches with at least 2inches of that being memory foam.

Not really.

Minimum thickness of a mattress depends on the weight of the sleeper and the firmness of the materials. Firmer materials and lighter sleepers work perfectly fine with thickness less than 25cm.

There's no minimum thickness of memory foam needed either. If you want the full memory foam experience then yes, you need enough to sink into. Thinner layers have their place though, they can be used to change the feel of a mattress made of other materials.

There is a huge variety of different qualities, hardnesses and densities of foam, whether they're memory foam or not, so cheaper foam mattresses can be quite different to more expensive ones even if they're both categorised as memory foam.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 22nd Aug 2017
VCB-1608 h, 15 m ago

You should go to opticians Please highlight.I don't see My Memory …You should go to opticians Please highlight.I don't see My Memory foam I see Having used various memory foam and gel beds some being 18-20 inch thick nothing beats pocket springs.

no offence mate but you did actually contradict yourself, first of all you say mf is just a gimmick then you say it's all about the materials right for you(as you didn't exclude mf there lies the contradiction )
Comment about the lidl matress toppers we found it firm , they are a good thickness when laid out on kingsize bed which was £69.99 the next size up was to big its more super king size. At £79.99
It is more of a firm matress topper, if thats what you want then its for you.
Doesnt make you warm like some memory foam does.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants