Lidl - no waste bargain £1.50 per box

Posted 25th Oct
3315226.jpg
I know this doesn't really constitute a deal but more of a heads up. my local Lidl in Bournemouth are selling off older bits of fruits and vegetables for £1.50.
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
If it's anything like our local Lidl, all of the fruit and veg is older and quite often just sitting there rotting on the shelves!
Why dont they donate it to Foodbanks, or they only take tinned or sealed items?
But yeah, good they are doing this
Our local Lidl doesn't seem to have these, can you ask for one?
lamboo25/10/2019 10:01

Why dont they donate it to Foodbanks, or they only take tinned or sealed …Why dont they donate it to Foodbanks, or they only take tinned or sealed items?But yeah, good they are doing this

Unfortunately most food banks only accept tinned or sealed goods
Our local one does this, but they put them after the checkouts, so you only see them after you've paid
richp25/10/2019 10:11

Our local one does this, but they put them after the checkouts, so you …Our local one does this, but they put them after the checkouts, so you only see them after you've paid

Yep, mine too. Seems strange to do that because people are more likely to think "sod it" and not bother to queue again....or is that the idea? (Cynicla mode)
They are behind the tills to stop people topping the box up with fresher items.
ed198025/10/2019 13:36

They are behind the tills to stop people topping the box up with fresher …They are behind the tills to stop people topping the box up with fresher items.

Never thought of doing that 👀
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants