Lidl red label one cup teabags ..gone downhill, anyone else?

Posted 6th Jan
Having been converted to lidl red label tea bags for some years now the latest batch suck big time!
I gave time to get over a cold (in case it was affecting my tastebuds) ..it wasn't that, ..the tea bags are still AWFUL.

Anyone else had the same occurance in a vast change of quality over the past few months in a downward spiral?

(so bad i'm back on waitrose essentials)
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
Unsure of Lidl red, but had the same issue with Tesco a few months bag.

Used to be super tasty, now they're like sawdust.

Favourite is Yorkshire or Thompson's for a good strong flavour now. Just have to buy multiple when I see a decent offer.
I'll ring up lidl customer line, they are often pretty tight lipped but it may give a clue.

You buy for consistency though right, not to have to jump around & re-adjust.
(I have 340 bags that I daren't touch).
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 6th Jan
Red label tea is Sh*t everywhere.
Mr_Gus06/01/2020 09:35

I'll ring up lidl customer line, they are often pretty tight lipped but it …I'll ring up lidl customer line, they are often pretty tight lipped but it may give a clue.You buy for consistency though right, not to have to jump around & re-adjust.(I have 340 bags that I daren't touch).

Absolutely. I buy a tea cause I like it. I don't want to drink something I don't like.

It annoys me when a company changes something without telling us.

How often do you see
"New improved recipe"
But never see
"Tastes worse as made cheaper"
360finder06/01/2020 11:46

Absolutely. I buy a tea cause I like it. I don't want to drink something I …Absolutely. I buy a tea cause I like it. I don't want to drink something I don't like.It annoys me when a company changes something without telling us.How often do you see"New improved recipe"But never see"Tastes worse as made cheaper"

I think we may view life through the same glasses!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions