Life Expectancy of Aftershave

Found 30th Jun
How long before aftershave / cologne go off?
Is it the same lifespan even if the bottle hasn't been opened yet?

Ta.
Community Updates
AskHealth & BeautyBeauty
16 Comments
As long as it’s not been opened it can last for years, work for a company which used to sell it, got about 5 years worth of supply as we used to get it cheap. As long as it’s not stored in direct sunlight in the bottle it should be ok. You will be able to tell if it goes bad.
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Jun
If it's open, it should last 24 months. On the packaging, there should be an open container symbol with a number in it, meaning how long it will last once open (image below).

34196113-rMAP2.jpgPeriod-before-opening symbol. 6M means 6 months.
If its Brut or Old Spice it will improve with age - as its users do
jamie0151 h, 9 m ago

If it's open, it should last 24 months. On the packaging, there should be …If it's open, it should last 24 months. On the packaging, there should be an open container symbol with a number in it, meaning how long it will last once open (image below).[Image] Period-before-opening symbol. 6M means 6 months.

Thanks.
Found a 36m symbol on the unopened packaging.
So presumably if I don't open it, it should be ok for upwards of three years.
But once opened, I have no greater than three years before it goes off.
Is that about right?

On the other hand, I have a molten brown fragrance that's smelling noticeably different after just over a year from purchase (opened on day of purchase).
Do the ingredients make a difference to the life expectancy?
Uranus30th Jun

Thanks.Found a 36m symbol on the unopened packaging.So presumably if I …Thanks.Found a 36m symbol on the unopened packaging.So presumably if I don't open it, it should be ok for upwards of three years.But once opened, I have no greater than three years before it goes off.Is that about right?On the other hand, I have a molten brown fragrance that's smelling noticeably different after just over a year from purchase (opened on day of purchase).Do the ingredients make a difference to the life expectancy?

If you don't open it, it should be fine as @eslick said. But once you open it, 3 years is the maximum it can be used for.

Have no idea about ingredients changing things, but I would assume they would, and the number of months on the label should reflect this.
I still have an open bottle of Joop from 1997. Seems fine to me.
Uranus30th Jun

Thanks.Found a 36m symbol on the unopened packaging.So presumably if I …Thanks.Found a 36m symbol on the unopened packaging.So presumably if I don't open it, it should be ok for upwards of three years.But once opened, I have no greater than three years before it goes off.Is that about right?On the other hand, I have a molten brown fragrance that's smelling noticeably different after just over a year from purchase (opened on day of purchase).Do the ingredients make a difference to the life expectancy?

Yeah every one may be different different manufacturing process and ingredients. If it smells ok then it will be even if it’s a different smell but once it goes off you or someone will notice. the numbers on the box is more of a guide, something will deteriorate or lose their special whatever that has, dates on them but since it’s a smell you should be ok.
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Jun
Yes, once it has been 3 year since opening, you shall be arrested if not disposed of within 48 hrs
Oneday7710 h, 1 m ago

Surprised as mine started smelling of alcohol after a few months. Hence I don’t buy this anymore.
Oneday7714 h, 42 m ago

Is it for "special occasions" ???
Doesnt go off due to the alcohol.

Ive still got bottles of perfume some over 10years old. Still smell same.
Norseg57 m ago

Is it for "special occasions" ???

Yes. I prefer odour control to daily chav showers.
Norseg1 h, 1 m ago

Who needs a shower when you've got a can of Lynx? I haven't had a shower …Who needs a shower when you've got a can of Lynx? I haven't had a shower in 2years and 9months

How's the Lynx Effect working out for you?
First World problems.... Are you going to eat it? I have aftershave bottles older than my kids and there's nothing wrong with them
gcmarcal4 h, 21 m ago

First World problems.... Are you going to eat it? I have aftershave …First World problems.... Are you going to eat it? I have aftershave bottles older than my kids and there's nothing wrong with them

My Molten Brown fragrance smells rancid.
You are welcome to rub it all over your body if that's your thing. PM me.
Uranus2nd Jul

My Molten Brown fragrance smells rancid.You are welcome to rub it all over …My Molten Brown fragrance smells rancid.You are welcome to rub it all over your body if that's your thing. PM me.

As long you taste a bit of molten brown smeared on you..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants