Groups

Life insurance. . . .

Is there anywhere that does life insurance for under 17's?

thanks

14 Comments

is this a joke?

Carley;7474234

The point of life insurance is so your family don't need to suffer … The point of life insurance is so your family don't need to suffer financially after you die / suffer terminal illness... so unless you have a wife / husband / kids / mortgage why would you want it?

cant you make anybody you want a beneficiary of a life insurance policy?op may have a valid reason.

not trying to be morbid but perhaps the OP dosnt want to burden his family with the price of a funeral if god forbid the worse happened.

is lottery 16 or 18? if the former mebbe OP has won it and wants some future proofing

Original Poster

Just a thought, as it would be cheaper just now. . .:)

barky;7474315

cant you make anybody you want a beneficiary of a life insurance … cant you make anybody you want a beneficiary of a life insurance policy?op may have a valid reason.

Yes you can, but that's not what the OP is asking

dontdothatagain;7474380

Just a thought, as it would be cheaper just now. . .:)

So your going to buy something you don't really need 'cos its cheap? Should have posted in deals. :-D

Original Poster

Goonieman;7474504

So your going to buy something you don't really need 'cos its cheap? … So your going to buy something you don't really need 'cos its cheap? Should have posted in deals. :-D

No, cos I could afford it more cos it will be cheaper. :thumbsup:

From memory you need to be 18. There needs to be a reason for the policy "insurable interest". The law states that nobody would be financially worse off if you died, so nobody would have the insurable interest.

My parents had life assurance for me when i was younger many years ago, i know because they cashed it in and let me have the money, dont know if they still do that though ?

most companies will do it as long as you are over 16 try aviva or legal £ general and you are right cover will be mych cheaper now and as limb as you choose guaranteed premium rates the cost will never change

too many typos serves me right for trying it on phone

Original Poster

Tried Aviva, have to be 18. :-(

Will try L&G.

I seem to recall my mother setting one up for me at Midlands bank (I think) many moons ago. It not only covered death but loss of limbs etc. I remember seeing how much I would get for losing my thumb or right index finger!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      2. Apples new update610
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335

See more discussions