Groups

life insurance 60+ what do people pay

My mom has taken a life insurance policy out to cover funeral expenses of £5000. The cost is £20 a month for 30 years until she is 90 then the premium stops.This seems a bit expensive to me as she is a none smoker and in decent health.The only good thing is that the policy will start straight away, but i doubt £5000 would even cover a decent furneral these days and even less so as time progresses.Is there anyone else of a similar age, if so what premiums have you managed to get.Thanks

3 Comments

post office do 1 - will be no more than £10 month - for £5000 - should go through quidco get some cashback - that is too expensive unless your mom has a medical condition

Original Poster

thanks for the reply sorry had to pop out i will look into that cheers

Maybe she should just start a savings account. £20 a month would soon add up.
    Also look at the small print on these schemes, they range from payments after 12 months to after 24 months.:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions