Life Mobile default sim lock

Found 19th Jan 2016
I went to set a sim lock on my daughters Life Mobile sim card today only for it to ask me for a code. Not having a clue what it was I had a Google to no avail so I rang LM but the woman said they don't set a default code Obviously they do or it wouldn't ask for a code seeing as we hadn't set one ourselves. I tried 0000 but that didn't work. I didn't want to lock the sim and mess about getting a PUK code so I rang back and got a bloke this time but he didn't know either! He put me on hold to try to find out what it was, when he came back he still didn't have an answer but said to try 1111 there and then and got a PUK code ready in case that didn't work and tried once more which would lock the sim. Anywaaaaaaay, 1111 worked. He said he would make it known around the office and that I would post something on the net so I've started here.

Hope it helps someone out.

13 Comments

Good post

nice one and it will be found on google as well so helpful to others.

Similarly, id mobile default pin is 0000
And they didn't seem to know that either.
Thanks for the info.

Thanks! I called for this earlier and they told me it was 0000!

Original Poster

Wotan

Thanks! I called for this earlier and they told me it was 0000!

They told me that too, however, initially they told me their sims weren't default locked at all which of course was wrong!

simate

They told me that too, however, initially they told me their sims weren't … They told me that too, however, initially they told me their sims weren't default locked at all which of course was wrong!

Thankfully I googled and found this as he was insistent it was 0000

Original Poster

Wotan

Thankfully I googled and found this as he was insistent it was 0000

​Based on that the bloke I spoke to didn't make it known in the office then!

Excellent - worked for me, thanks for the info!

Many thanks, OP - 1111 worked perfectly!

Great job, 1111 worked for me too, Thanks

Great. Thanks for your post. 1111 worked for me.

Unusual default pin lock code.
Edited by: "Crash2904" 3rd Aug 2016

thanks this saved me from blocking my SIM

Thanks! After I'd explained what a SIM PIN was to the so-called technical advisor she claimed Life mobile SIMs aren't locked and I'd have to contact the manufacturer (as though I know who makes their SIMs). Found your post while still in the chat session and told her the correct answer, hopefully she'll remember for the next person who asks!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants