Life Mobile - Porting issues

Found 23rd Dec 2015
I was with Post office mobile (piggy banks off EE then switched to life mobile who are owned by EE. Give my pac code but because it was a TLS code it took the internal team over 9 days to disconnect the old number and its day 7 now and it's still not ported over. So no one can get me on my old number.

Was assured it be ported today and then got a call today to say they don't know when its porting over but the engineers are working on it as they've ran into technical issues

How hard is to port a number over when it's within EE.

They cannot give me a timeline now

Has anyone else experiencing long delays? Can they lose your number?

Ps prior to this I was with EE for 2 years and then moved to post office (EE) no was ported over in one day.

23 Comments

It should be done the same day - I've never had a problem before. But then I've only gone with the big five, apart from the time I went to Giff Gaff and back - still no issues.

I ported over to life mobile happened the next working day and it is perfectly fine

I ported my number over to Life Mobile from Three only a couple of weeks ago - it was done the next working day.

I guess the only thing you can do is wait. If they take longer you'll have to ring them up. Best you can do really.

Edited by: "DanIsTheMan" 23rd Dec 2015

It's because it's a internal port, I moved from another provider which used EE to EE and it took over a week. In the end they also said technical issue, seems their internal process is rather long.

I did get compensation in the end.

Original Poster

kiish

It's because it's a internal port, I moved from another provider which … It's because it's a internal port, I moved from another provider which used EE to EE and it took over a week. In the end they also said technical issue, seems their internal process is rather long.I did get compensation in the end.

What was the compensation?

I ported my number 8 days ago from tpo to life mobile , still waiting for the changeover, and still unable to get an answer from life as to what the problem is

I'm having the exact same issue!! Also moving from Post Office to Life. They said it would take longer over Xmas which I accepted. They said it would be done no later than Wed 30th Dec but nothing, So i had to top up my current post office mobile which I didn't want to do as im paying for 2 sims! Had a word with them about this and they credited my account with 1 months payment (£6 for me)

2 days ago I saw no Service on my phone with current Post office sim. Thought great its done, so put new Life sim in and its still the Life sim number.

Frustrating thing is the number I want to keep is completely disconnected, if somone tries to call it says invalid number. I keep turning my phone on and off but no luck. I am so frustrated,but it's getting beyond a joke now.

Please say yours are sorted now............? oO

Original Poster

Mine finally got changed over but took 14 days from original being switched off. Only way I knew it had, was that I would switch my phone off and on each day. Customer services called me the next day to confirm that the no was now ported. I wasn't happy with the length of time so wasn't charged one months payment. Why it took this long is unacceptable

Original Poster

Smaybelline

I'm having the exact same issue!! Also moving from Post Office to Life. … I'm having the exact same issue!! Also moving from Post Office to Life. They said it would take longer over Xmas which I accepted. They said it would be done no later than Wed 30th Dec but nothing, So i had to top up my current post office mobile which I didn't want to do as im paying for 2 sims! Had a word with them about this and they credited my account with 1 months payment (£6 for me) 2 days ago I saw no Service on my phone with current Post office sim. Thought great its done, so put new Life sim in and its still the Life sim number. Frustrating thing is the number I want to keep is completely disconnected, if somone tries to call it says invalid number. I keep turning my phone on and off but no luck. I am so frustrated,but it's getting beyond a joke now. Please say yours are sorted now............? oO

Like me it won't be done in days but weeks

Original Poster

angelnas

Like me it won't be done in days but weeks

It will happen but you are in for a long wait, as its my first month with them so far so good. But the porting from PortOffice to Life seems to be a major issue for them

It's just ridiculous now..... Still not done. But did you have this issue.... So my old number said no service so using the new sim and waiting daily for it to update with my new number BUT now I can't call out or text or receive calls on the new number.. And still old number isn't assigned so I'm now without contact with either number!!! What is going on....

Original Poster

Smaybelline

It's just ridiculous now..... Still not done. But did you have this … It's just ridiculous now..... Still not done. But did you have this issue.... So my old number said no service so using the new sim and waiting daily for it to update with my new number BUT now I can't call out or text or receive calls on the new number.. And still old number isn't assigned so I'm now without contact with either number!!! What is going on....

I was able to use the new no, but I hadn't issued the no out to friends or family temporarily, until the old no was ported.

That's insane if you can't use the new number either

angelnas

I was able to use the new no, but I hadn't issued the no out to friends … I was able to use the new no, but I hadn't issued the no out to friends or family temporarily, until the old no was ported. That's insane if you can't use the new number either

I thought perhaps new number was disconnected and not making calls or accepting calls due to my old number about to be update on that sim.... But nothing

Called them today, they said its a split port........ no answers, no date, its in progress just have to wait! And I cant use either number.... GREAT

So ... the saga continues. I can now send and receive texts and calls. But even though my phone states 3G I can't connect to the internet. Anyone else have this issue?

I have googled and they say to update APN settings but I cant get into the cellular settings for the carrier, the option isn't there. I presume they have just not enabled me to access Internet yet........................................ Grrrrr

Original Poster

How many days has it been now smaybelline?

angelnas

How many days has it been now smaybelline?

I asked for porting before Xmas... And it only happened properly Tuesday. However still no internet access, I've updated network carrier settings I've reset network settings tried everything.

Internet and mms still not working. I've been into Apple restored my phone twice and they've confirmed its life mobile not my phone. Life mobile can't help.... I'm at my wits end! Requested my pac code !

Ha they cant give me my PAC Code because there was a problem with the porting...................................... So I now have a new sim with Virgin and that works fine in my phone (of course!) and now ive lost my number that i have had for over 10 years thanks to Life mobile !

Original Poster

Smaybelline

Ha they cant give me my PAC Code because there was a problem with the … Ha they cant give me my PAC Code because there was a problem with the porting...................................... So I now have a new sim with Virgin and that works fine in my phone (of course!) and now ive lost my number that i have had for over 10 years thanks to Life mobile !

Sorry to hear that Smaybelline. I was worried that my no would get lost too but it eventually came through. Did they compensate you for the number loss and inconvenience?

angelnas

Sorry to hear that Smaybelline. I was worried that my no would get lost … Sorry to hear that Smaybelline. I was worried that my no would get lost too but it eventually came through. Did they compensate you for the number loss and inconvenience?

They said they would credit £6 to my account to pay for next month but I've cancelled with them and cancelled my direct debit so the £6 is irrelevant. It's been a nightmare

Rang up with PAC first thing Sunday morning
Number ported over from Orange/EE
Text and calls all working fine early Wednesday
Was told i would receive a message to say when porting complete but this not come yet
Is porting finished?

Onlybreduced

Rang up with PAC first thing Sunday morningNumber ported over from … Rang up with PAC first thing Sunday morningNumber ported over from Orange/EEText and calls all working fine early Wednesday Was told i would receive a message to say when porting complete but this not come yetIs porting finished?

Thats great service! I had a nightmare as you can read above
Is your 3g and internet working? and MMS messages?
I still havent had a response from Life Mobile with regards to my porting issue and when I can have my PAC code. So my number is lost forever. But im with Virgin, they have been brilliant and I actually really like my new mobile number
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants