Expired

Light Bulb between the range of 5000K-6500K (Full Spectrum or Daylight bulbs) I need around 150Watts in total, anyone know a good place to get them???

11 replies
Found 21st Apr 2010
Hi All,

I am looking for Light Bulbs between 5000K-6500K (Full Spectrum or Daylight) I need around 150Watts in total, anyone know a good place to get them???

I am thinking of Enegy saving Bulbs, so if i was to get 20w bulbs i would need around 7 of each.
Also if they dont take a standard fitting i need the fittings to, and they need to be able to run off a plug socket.

If anyone can help I will REP you

11 Comments

I wonder what your growing ;-)

My brother needs to keep his pet lizzard warm and has to use special bulbs from the pet shop. Have no idea if they would be any good for what you may want but it may be worth checking out.

Original Poster

killain;8423238

I wonder what your growing ;-)

I know what you think, but the 6500k is for a light box, If i was growing somehting i would use a HP sodium lamp

leecroot;8423596

My brother needs to keep his pet lizzard warm and has to use special … My brother needs to keep his pet lizzard warm and has to use special bulbs from the pet shop. Have no idea if they would be any good for what you may want but it may be worth checking out.

They would work but when i have loked for them, they are strip lights, you got a link for any?? i would prefer baynet fittings rreally but thats not a definate

Original Poster

come on anybody???

Chuckles1001;8424929

I know what you think, but the 6500k is for a light box, If i was growing … I know what you think, but the 6500k is for a light box, If i was growing somehting i would use a HP sodium lamp ;)They would work but when i have loked for them, they are strip lights, you got a link for any?? i would prefer baynet fittings rreally but thats not a definate

the ones he uses are spot light fittings. id try b &q. they have hundreds off lights instore. ill have a look later when i got a bit more time.

If you are using the lamps for heating a reptile then energy savers will not be any good as they don't radiate heat.

Have a look at RS Components uk.rs-online.com Should have what you need.

Original Poster

leecroot;8427097

the ones he uses are spot light fittings. id try b &q. they have hundreds … the ones he uses are spot light fittings. id try b &q. they have hundreds off lights instore. ill have a look later when i got a bit more time.

I went in there last night, and they did not have any "Full Spectrum" or "Daylight" buls (5000k to 6500k) They had loads of 2700k and lots of 3200k to 4000k (in Striplights), if you find some though (is your going anyway) i would love to know the product code). I got 4x the 2700k 20w in baynet fittings and they cost me £5 (which seems a lot atm but there just are no deals on them) so i would expect to be paying around that or a little more more 5000k to 6500k.... They are all just CFL lights (Enegy saving bulbs to replace the old type of bulbs)

pugw$sh;8427177

If you are using the lamps for heating a reptile then energy savers will … If you are using the lamps for heating a reptile then energy savers will not be any good as they don't radiate heat.Have a look at RS Components http://uk.rs-online.com Should have what you need.

They are not for reptiles, its a for a box thats helps SAD, but if i can find the right lightbulb range 5000k to 6500k i dont have to pay the stupid prices.
The RSonline website has them but i am not paying £40 for each bulb, can only see 100w ones for that price i want the standard 20w or 24w versions and hoping to pay £2 or £3 a bulb as i know there have been deals on them but its finding them when you want them as they are just energy saving CFL bulbs for normal light fittings

Oriana the Quiet;8428752

I bought some from lamps2udirect before. … I bought some from lamps2udirect before. http://www.lamps2udirect.com/pages/browse-More-Lamps2udirect.php/Daylight-Bulbs-And-Tubes/Daylight---6400k-Helix-Bulbs/50/6 And from ]nulight on ebay.

There still £10 from him, dam why did i not get them when i saw them in Tescos lol

Anyone else seen any 5000k to 6500k bulbs Full spectrum or Day light bulbs they are called in CFL

Thanks guys

Original Poster

Anyone at all? keeping it alive

Original Poster

mumbojumbo;8430142

Google brings … Google brings up:http://www.cheapenergysavinglightbulbs.co.uk/index.php?cPath=27_64

Thats the best I have seen so far, Thanks
]http//ww…120

Still want to get them for cheaper then £4.49 for 1 bulb.

Has anyone used this site before? can anybody beat this price???

Original Poster

anyone at all?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2952
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52115
    3. Wuntu codes give away22
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810993

See more discussions