Groups

Light bulbs for ceiling fan??

Random question but somebody must have one. I'm after low energy bulbs (ES) but not the stick variety as they'll probably look cack (if they even fit...). Anybody have any links, recommendation on what they use themselves?

9 Comments

u get low engery bulbs in the usual rounded shape now pretty much anywhere xx

Banned

Morrisons do the best deals

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6898051

u get low engery bulbs in the usual rounded shape now pretty much … u get low engery bulbs in the usual rounded shape now pretty much anywhere xx

It's the size that's the problem though:oops: :lol:

The ones in fans are about 2/3 the size of a standard bulb (at a guess). Most energy saving bulbs are huge.

Shengis;6898091

It's the size that's the problem though:oops: :lol:The ones in fans are … It's the size that's the problem though:oops: :lol:The ones in fans are about 2/3 the size of a standard bulb (at a guess). Most energy saving bulbs are huge.

We had to get those pin pointy spotlight bulbs for ours... they didnt come in low energy when i looked.

Original Poster

toshapetriji;6898067

Morrisons do the best deals

Haven't got a Morrisons nearby.

I swapped my fan ES 60W spotlights for some philips low energy spiral ones - they look fine.
    http://ai.pricegrabber.com/pi/7/41/63/74163701_125.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFO2z5CiZMQAQIqidgJXMo4y7nPQw

Tesco have some that are candle bulb sized, what fitting do you need??...also Ikea do packs of candle shape low energy bulbs but more expensive at about £4 for three.

Original Poster

wendyak;6898146

Tesco have some that are candle bulb sized, what fitting do you … Tesco have some that are candle bulb sized, what fitting do you need??...also Ikea do packs of candle shape low energy bulbs but more expensive at about £4 for three.

ES E27. Just trying to find out my options as in a few months supply will dry up of the bulbs that are supposed to be in the damn thing and I don't want to start using clear ones.

Banned

mind they don't fly off when spinning fast -could be dangerous
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86148
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions