Lightbulb adapters

Found 15th Jan
I've bought a couple of yeelights, which are screw fitting, and I got some adapters (screw to bayonet), I've just gone to fit them and realised that my light fittings have three holes in, not two.

From Googling it seems it it's some half baked idea to get people to go green or whatever, are there any adapters I can buy to go from screw fitting to 3 prong bayonet? I've tried to google it but can't see what may work, only an article about fitting it anyway somehow which looked dangerous.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Just turn the power off, snip the old connector off and wire in a screwfit. Shouldn’t take more than five minutes and saves having to look at the ugly/bulky adapters. Should cost you less than £2 all in.
Three holes? Need a picture to see what you are on about.

If you want to change from bayonet (B22) to Screw (E27) then you have to remove the wires from the old pendant, i.e the whole thing.

toolstation.com/sho…BwE
Bigfootpete1 h, 45 m ago

Three holes? Need a picture to see what you are on about.If you want to …Three holes? Need a picture to see what you are on about.If you want to change from bayonet (B22) to Screw (E27) then you have to remove the wires from the old pendant, i.e the whole thing.https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p27046?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=sOQC2W1Si_dc&pcrid=99808204703&pkw=&pmt=&product=27046&gclid=CjwKCAiA4vbSBRBNEiwAMorER_wEfpSwHrJyUdLnncQerI_LYb4NQ5efEOaJGhJ5nGvp8Vp_7euYwhoCqp4QAvD_BwE

He is talking about a 3 pin BC3 fitting not very common.

Op do as been stated easiest thing is to change the whole light fitting over to a E27 screw, it's only a few wires 5 minutes work.
Original Poster
Thanks, I was kind of hoping not to have to do that as we rent, maybe I'll do it and just hope they don't notice haha
Thanks everyone!
BadMF11 h, 38 m ago

Just turn the power off, snip the old connector off and wire in a …Just turn the power off, snip the old connector off and wire in a screwfit. Shouldn’t take more than five minutes and saves having to look at the ugly/bulky adapters. Should cost you less than £2 all in.

ebay.co.uk/itm…P0g

33077658-4CHQm.jpg

£8.95 for 2.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants