Lightweight down jacket under £200?

Posted 2nd Jan
I’m looking for a lightweight down jacket with a hood. Warm enough for UK winter.

After 3 hours of Googling and reading, I think this is the best I’ve found so far: Rab Electron Jacket amazon.co.uk/dp/…ZYB

Any better options at around this price point?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Check out Landsend they usually have a good selection and are also available via Debenhams
compca8002/01/2020 23:30

Check out Landsend they usually have a good selection and are also …Check out Landsend they usually have a good selection and are also available via Debenhams

Cheers. Will check them out, a brand I’m unfamiliar with.
Rohan do good stuff, jack wolfskin, tnf, there’s plenty to choose from what will all do the same job at that price you will get a half decent jacket, but if it’s only to walk to shops in you could save £150 if you don’t mind wearing regatta (personally I wouldn’t be seen dead in that rubbish... go to an out door shop and try different makes on they have different fits..
If it's lightweight it wont be warm enough for winter.

I have the thickest you can get (900 gms) and I still get cold, admittedly it's probably close to ten years old, but still has plenty of loft in it (I look like the Michelin man in black).
Bigfootpete03/01/2020 12:21

If it's lightweight it wont be warm enough for winter. I have the thickest …If it's lightweight it wont be warm enough for winter. I have the thickest you can get (900 gms) and I still get cold, admittedly it's probably close to ten years old, but still has plenty of loft in it (I look like the Michelin man in black).

Quite the opposite here! Maybe its just because the weather is mild at the moment, but I'm wearing a very basic craghoppers with a waterproof shell and I'm too warm. I'd say down to freezing point you can get away with a packable as long as it's windproof too.

I guess it depends on it's uses, you going up any mountains?

EDIT: Be aware the one you linked to is weather resistant, not waterproof. Looks good though.
Edited by: "tek-monkey" 3rd Jan
Check winfields outdoors, purchased a craghopper jacket for £75.99 delivered down from £220, with a 5% discount, maybe you’ll find something suitable there?
I have used many down jacket but this is what i used now and I can tell you this is the best so far. Super warm.
fjern.equipment/cat…H0=
If you go to Sportpursuit website you can get it for £99.
Highly Recommend it!
Thanks guys. I ended up in Go Outsoors trying on various jackets of this style and settled on the Rab Electron. It was down to £225 from £250, but they matched an online price, plus 10%, which brought it down to £175. I also had a £50 voucher, so all in all pleased.
Excellent! Glad you found your treasure
paulwmather04/01/2020 14:44

Thanks guys. I ended up in Go Outsoors trying on various jackets of this …Thanks guys. I ended up in Go Outsoors trying on various jackets of this style and settled on the Rab Electron. It was down to £225 from £250, but they matched an online price, plus 10%, which brought it down to £175. I also had a £50 voucher, so all in all pleased.

Outsoors sounds painful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants