Groups

Like eating. save the bees

You dont have to be someone who buys organic food to know that bees pollinate plants. .
    A third of UK bee colonies have been lost over the last two years and there have been many explanations given for this. There is strong evidence that neonicotinoids a class of pesticide first used in agriculture in the mid 1990s at exactly the time when mass bee disappearances started occurring are involved in the deaths. The evidence against these chemicals is strong enough that they have been banned or suspended in France, Germany, Italy and Slovenia but not yet in the UK.
    You can help to get the Government to ban neonicotinoids by lending your voice and signing the online petition

soilassociation.org/Tak…spx

5 Comments

Thanks for this post.
    No bees = no fruit

Everyone sign up please.

Original Poster

cannyscot;7010835

Thanks for this post. No bees = no fruitEveryone sign up please.

Or any other product that relies on a plant to be pollinated. I have sent the link to all of my friends as well.
    There is a PDF file that you can download as well that has info to support the case

cant get the link to work- am i the only one?! i wana save the bees!!

Original Poster

morleymagic;7012960

cant get the link to work- am i the only one?! i wana save the bees!!

The link still works for me.

You can get a printable petition form here
    britishbee.org.uk/bbk…php

Try googling Plan Bee or Coop Plan Bee. There are quite a few links.
    Let me know if you still have problems

Please pass the info to others who might be interested in signing up :thumbsup:

If the link still wont work let me know as I may need to adjust something. The initial link gives access to info about why they want the pesticides banned.

Here is the actual petition link if you are just happy to sign apps.soilassociation.org/Bee…spx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions