Lily Pollen Stain

Found 24th Nov 2015
Hi

Hope someone is able to help. Had a bunch of lilies that were close to needing to go in the bin, other half said give it one more day and then bin them.

Come back from work today to find out the pollen on the floor, I rushed to clean it up thinking I was doing the right thing, got some carpet cleaner on it and it just made it worse. Found out the cellotape is the best thing to use to clean it off and not to rub/dab cleaner in it.

So my question is does anyone know of a way to get it out of the carpet once rubbed in?

Tried carpet cleaner at the start, just tried abit of vanish for stained stuff in the washing machine.

Thanks and sorry for going on abit, just don't really want orange/yellow stains on the carpet.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
i may be wrong but i think lilly pollen dye's what it touches. which is why selotape is probably recomended because that gets it off with minimal contact to fabric. if you have rubbed it in it has probably dyed a fair portion of the carpet. As i said im not sure i

*edit* this site looks helpful here
Edited by: "chezzy" 24th Nov 2015
Reddish pollen stains can often be removed by pouring some 99% Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol) - which can be obtained from pharmacists or hardware stores - over the area and then blotting up the resulting yellow liquid with paper towels. This may be a good idea for non-washable items, like carpets. Regular rubbing alcohol (70% Isopropyl Alcohol) probably won’t work because of its higher water content. Another alternative to try is to blot from the outside of the stain inwards with dry-cleaning fluid.
Sounds a bit crazy, but some carpets are bleach-cleanable. I had the same issue a few years ago, used a bleach solution and spot cleaned the pollen off. Worth checking to see if your carpet can be bleach cleaned.
Cheers for the replies. Tried last night to clean with the vanish stuff for the washing machine come back to it this morning and seems like it has nearly gone. So hopefully will just fade each day now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants