Limitless disposable email addresses you can receive replies to & are just make up at the time.

THIS WORKS BY OFFERING "YOUR-PICKED-NAME"@SLOPSBOX.COM AS AN ADDRESS THAT YOU CAN THEN LOG INTO WITHOUT A PASSWORD - EMAILS ARE SCRUBBED AFTER 24 HOURS - USE FOR SITE REGISTRATIONS THAT YOU FEAR WILL SPAM YOU - OR FOR OBTAINING MULTIPLE FREEBIES REQUIRING A NEW ADDRESS EACH TIME.

What is Slopsbox and why do you need it?

Slopsbox is your temporary mailbox, the e-mail address you use to register for random services. It's a long-finger up the butt to spammers who wants your real e-mail. Slopsbox is the inbox you don't care about. But Slopsbox cares about you, your privacy and we want your spam, because we think it's tasty!

Slopsbox is great when you need to retrieve the information from an e-mail but don't want to reveal your identity.

How to use Slopsbox?

When someone asks for your e-mail address, give them [email protected]slopsbox.com (or one of the other add-on domain names). You can replace "anything" with, well anything, i.e. [email protected]slopsbox.com, [email protected]slopsbox.com or [email protected]slopsbox.com. Get the mail sent to the address you picked by entering the address in the field above and login.

Voila! There you have your spam, served cold. However, you can't get any attachments and mail is automatically deleted after 24 hours.

Its brought to you by those nice people who run Pirate Bay. So its pretty funny they include the TM part in the name!!!

GET NOTHING PERSONAL SENT TO THIS EMAIL AS IF YOU USE (say) [email protected] AS YOUR EMAIL - THEN EVERYONE ELSE OFFERING THAT ONE WILL SEE YOUR REPLIES TOO.

LASTLY - USE THIS WITH SOME COMMON SENSE PLEASE!!!

11 Comments

and the potential of the site administrators to retrieve "lost" passwords from sites you have registered for?

Banned

cant really see the point in this. I just have a few gmail addresses for random form fillers.

Original Poster

csiman;4972492

cant really see the point in this. I just have a few gmail addresses for … cant really see the point in this. I just have a few gmail addresses for random form fillers.

You can use them so you will never accumulate spam - and you will be fine using them on public computers where anyone might be logging your email account details.

Original Poster

generaloneill;4972483

and the potential of the site administrators to retrieve "lost" passwords … and the potential of the site administrators to retrieve "lost" passwords from sites you have registered for?

You are meant to use it for sites that will potentially spam you - such as registration for freebies - or the comedy ticket deal currently on here.

Dont use it if you think your bank might spam you - and check the last line of the warning in my main post. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Banned

ibiza;4972564

You can use them so you will never accumulate spam - and you will be fine … You can use them so you will never accumulate spam - and you will be fine using them on public computers where anyone might be logging your email account details.

still dont get it. I just have a few gmail addresses which doesnt bother me if they accumulate spam or if someone gets my password as the accounts are just for rubbish anyway.

sounds ok, don't know which way to vote, so wont, but good luck

Original Poster

csiman;4972620

still dont get it. I just have a few gmail addresses which doesnt bother … still dont get it. I just have a few gmail addresses which doesnt bother me if they accumulate spam or if someone gets my password as the accounts are just for rubbish anyway.

Fair enough - I have been using these for a while - and they also benefit for things such as receiving free sim cards - where you can offer as many addresses as you like - as each will be a different address.

So I can normally get about £100 worth of calls on free sims to give to my niece and nephew each time there is an offer on.

Sounds good to me! I still don't understand people that vote freebies cold... If it's of no use to you, just skip to the next deal, that is no excuse for voting cold and making other people miss it while they might be interested.

Anyway, here are my 9 degrees of heat to defrost this post (minus 10 right now). It's brilliant if you just want a one-off address. Gmail is good but unless you create one each and every time you need to register for a one-off freebie, you will end up looking for your stuff through tons of spam. Of course you're not going to use this to create accounts with passwords you need to remember (Gmail's perfect for that) but for the occasional freebie that's perfect. And if you want to book tickets for the family, some friends or the in-laws, it's always a pain to rack up enough Gmail accounts.
Use once and forget!

Thanks a lot and here's some heat, and some rep' for making my life easier and to make up for the unduly freezing temperature of this post!

Same sort of deal as ]mailinator.com, always useful to have another site that can do this.

Also if you're running Firefox and Greasemonkey, there's a little script for it that autogenerates a mailinator address when you press F9 here userscripts.org/scr…029. Very useful!

Spamgourmet is what I use, you can have 1 to 20 messages sent to say [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] (1 message gets through). You can have unlimited addresses and attachments are fine (IIRC). If you decide later you can increase the number of emails allowed to a particular address.

Very handy when you need a new email - no need to sign up anywhere and no need to go to a site to get a new email addy generated.

[url]www.spamgourmet.com[/url]

thepearce;4974089

Spamgourmet is what I use, you can have 1 to 20 messages sent to say … Spamgourmet is what I use, you can have 1 to 20 messages sent to say [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] (1 message gets through). You can have unlimited addresses and attachments are fine (IIRC). If you decide later you can increase the number of emails allowed to a particular address.Very handy when you need a new email - no need to sign up anywhere and no need to go to a site to get a new email addy generated.]www.spamgourmet.com

I use this too. It protects your genuine e-mail address and if you format the mask e-mail address to represent the website you sign up to each time, you can see who's selling your address to spam lists.

You can also add domains as trusted senders so you'll always get their mail.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767456
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047183
    3. One thing you've forgotten22
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691423

See more discussions