Lines appearing on pc screen

Found 26th Aug 2017Edited by:"LilHammerette"
Hi, so I just got a new pc and I've noticed on some sites I have horizontal lines going across the screen (hukd is one of those sites, right at the bottom of the page). When I scroll the lines move with the direction I'm scrolling so it's not static. Is this an issue with monitor, hdmi or something in the computer? Thanks 2774945.jpg

Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I suggest trying another monitor. If you don't have one you can connect to your TV. This is to eliminate if it's the screen. The screen shot you taken is that a photo you taken or print screen? If the problem occurs on another monitor / TV it could be either screen resolution need adjusting or the graphics card.
I too have this but only at the bottom:

31808111-rum6J.jpg
I have this not only on my PC at home but also on the PC at work. I assumed it was just HukD?

You do seem to have it elsewhere, is it a html 5 issues perhaps?
What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser to rule it out?
I don't watch BBC's cricket coverage so I don't know what the normal background looks like but if they're the tilted lines showing up on a screenshot then we can likely rule out your screen, screenshots are taken before the data get to the monitor.

I don't recognise them as the usual problems, it's worth checking for driver updates if you haven't already although Windows update is pretty good at handling that sort of thing these days.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 26th Aug 2017
darthbacca3726th Aug 2017

I too have this but only at the bottom:[Image] I have this not only on my …I too have this but only at the bottom:[Image] I have this not only on my PC at home but also on the PC at work. I assumed it was just HukD?You do seem to have it elsewhere, is it a html 5 issues perhaps?

Yeah that's exactly the same for me.

It only shows on BBC Sport when watching videos with the dark background like my screenshot and when I was watching Final score. There is only one other site I get that issue and it's with some pages on Digital Spy. other than that it's all fine.

I'm not able to test it out on my tv atm but I'll try over the weekend and it was a screenshot not photo

Oh edit: I'm on Chrome, I haven't tried it on another browser. I will do now.
Edit 2: I don't have these issues on Edge.

Thanks guys.
Edited by: "LilHammerette" 26th Aug 2017
Try updating your graphic drivers and scaling settings in Windows
Not an issue with the monitor if they move. I had a laptop with a straight vertical line that always stayed and in the same place. Ended up sending it to HP and it came back fixed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions