Links not working

Found 1st Mar 2007
Can someone shed some light on this problem I wonder...

Some links from the 'Deals' page fail to open. It seems to be links with really long URL's - something like this will not open - this is actually quite a short one to Tesco

clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=898&a=1018132&g=94869&epi=1&url=direct.tesco.com/spe…379

Other ones that are a lot shorter open no problem -
hotukdeals.com/go/?m=70&d=dvd.co.uk/pro…401

This is the same on various browsers I've tried.

I'm sure it must be a problem with some setting on the PC. When I use a MAC it kind of has the same issue - it will open but very noticeably slower.

Any ideas??

Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
The tracking links shouldn't be causing a problem..Not sure why you get it but maybe just go direct to merchant? Or through quidco or the like if applicable.
I had this problem a few weeks ago,dunno why it started happening.

Anyway,defragged the hard drive and it seems to have cleared up.Also updated AVG and did a complete virus scan,though no viruses found.
Yup thats a way around it but the problem goes deeper than that. Sometimes if I try and open a 'sponsored link' through a search engine I get the same problem...
Seems to be something to do with Kaspersky Security
Ok! Just in case anyone else has this problem in the future - I can't be the only on surely:oops:

It seemed te the 'anti banner' security setting in Kaspersky Internet Security.

Once I turned this off and cleared my cookies and cache all is well again:-D
I found this thread after a web search but what I found that worked for me was to change my dns settings to the google dns. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants