links of london

Found 15th Nov 2011
Hi, do any of you wear links of london silver jewellery and if so, are you able to keep it as shiny as it was when you first bought it?

I got a sweetie bracelet last christmas but haven't worn it for the past 6 months as it's really dull looking. I've dunked it in jewellery cleaner and coca cola, tried wiping with metal polish but it still looks dull. What do you use on yours?
Community Updates
MiscLondon
10 Comments
hi i dont have links of london but i deal in pandora and have had some charms that have been badly tarnished and to get it off i used a foil tray half hot water and half vinegar drop it in leave for 10 mins and turn over and leave for further 10 mins.
if you havent got a foil tray you can use normal foil just line a bowl with it first.
if you havent any vinegar use baking soda.
Original Poster
Thank you very much, will give that a try. Does it matter what kind of vinegar it is?
Hissy Miss

Thank you very much, will give that a try. Does it matter what kind of … Thank you very much, will give that a try. Does it matter what kind of vinegar it is?

no any vinegar will do, after you have done it soak it for a good 10 mins in soapy water to get rid of the smell of the vinegar.
greyparrot

no any vinegar will do, after you have done it soak it for a good 10 mins … no any vinegar will do, after you have done it soak it for a good 10 mins in soapy water to get rid of the smell of the vinegar.

??? Its silver so non porous and shouldnt absorb any odours, just a rinse should remove the smell.

For plain silver items I line a non metallic bowl with foil (shiny side up) and add a mixture of red hot water and about a good heaped tablespoon of soda crystals (mix in glass jug before pouring over the silver). Soda crystals are about 70p at wilkos for a 1kg bag and also a very useful household cleaner too.

Leave for about 20 minutes and rinse off with tepid water before drying on a nice soft cloth.

Are you sure its not fake?
I've always found using a silver polish cloth is the best option.
Don't use silver jewellery cleaner as this can strip alot of natural patina the jewellery may have and goes very dull after a few days and you can't get ever get it back to how it was. I've ruined a few old silver charms doing that.
If i've not worn a piece of silver jewellery for a while then it goes dull. I find just wearing the jewellery for a few days makes it a lot shiner.
Original Poster
LOL, yes I'm sure it's not fake. Reason I know is because it's from my dad. My dad is probably the reason Scotsmen are known as tight so imagine my surprise the christmas before last when he hands me a links of london bag. I was delighted, opened it up and there was a lovely bracelet inside and I'm beaming to him, how on earth have you ever heard of links of london? His reply, I haven't...but guy in pub was selling them and said it was a good deal.

Smile slided slightly and I said,ah well, at least it's nice. Looked on LoL site and they didn't even sell a bracelet that looked like this one. Still wore it anyway untill it got all tarnished looking, might try it with above method though.

Anyway, christmas just past, he comes out with a rox (posh jewellery shop in glasgow) bag and inside it is genuine LoL bracelet with charms telling me he knows its not fake and showed me receipt to prove it, not that he needed to.

Anyway, will probably get a tl:dr for that. LOL
Hissy Miss

LOL, yes I'm sure it's not fake. Reason I know is because it's from my … LOL, yes I'm sure it's not fake. Reason I know is because it's from my dad. My dad is probably the reason Scotsmen are known as tight so imagine my surprise the christmas before last when he hands me a links of london bag. I was delighted, opened it up and there was a lovely bracelet inside and I'm beaming to him, how on earth have you ever heard of links of london? His reply, I haven't...but guy in pub was selling them and said it was a good deal.Smile slided slightly and I said,ah well, at least it's nice. Looked on LoL site and they didn't even sell a bracelet that looked like this one. Still wore it anyway untill it got all tarnished looking, might try it with above method though.Anyway, christmas just past, he comes out with a rox (posh jewellery shop in glasgow) bag and inside it is genuine LoL bracelet with charms telling me he knows its not fake and showed me receipt to prove it, not that he needed to.Anyway, will probably get a tl:dr for that. LOL

tl/dr
Why does everyone just wish to report people ? Is this what the tinternet has become !! Oh that bad man said something I dont agree with lets report him.

I retire fae the Hotukdeals chat.

The goverment should force these mods into real work an take away there power lol
Original Poster
Why write that in here? If you think I reported you, you're wrong. I thought you were suspended for avoiding the swear filter.

Feel free to retire though you bad man!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions