Links of London-easy to tell a fake?

12 replies
Found 28th Mar 2010
Looking at Links of London bracelets on ebay but not sure what to look for to decipher if they're a fake or not.

A few guides online but hoping someone on here might be a fan of the jewellery and can shed some advice!
x

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
12 Comments

the price is probably your best indicator of the genuine article-the bracelet alone with no charms should cost 100-110 pounds.

I have one but bought direct from them - as Barky says the price is definitely gonna tell you

Original Poster

there seems to be a lot selling for less than £20 today, looking at sellers other items and past history, these are the only bracelets they are selling which made me think they might be kosher? Rather than a seller selling in bulk which would get me thinking.

All of the pouches and bracelets look the same! I can tell Tiffany fakes instantly, but these are stumping me!

storysacks;8229429

there seems to be a lot selling for less than £20 today, looking at … there seems to be a lot selling for less than £20 today, looking at sellers other items and past history, these are the only bracelets they are selling which made me think they might be kosher? Rather than a seller selling in bulk which would get me thinking.All of the pouches and bracelets look the same! I can tell Tiffany fakes instantly, but these are stumping me!

Er on the side of caution then, and buy from a reputable trader.:thumbsup:

storysacks;8229429

there seems to be a lot selling for less than £20 today, looking at … there seems to be a lot selling for less than £20 today, looking at sellers other items and past history, these are the only bracelets they are selling which made me think they might be kosher? Rather than a seller selling in bulk which would get me thinking.All of the pouches and bracelets look the same! I can tell Tiffany fakes instantly, but these are stumping me!

less than £20 for a Links of London bracelet would tell me its deffo fake. Mines cost £150

If your not gonna wear it a lot then get yourself a fake one

storysacks;8229429

cant see it being real for that price,and my daughters didnt come in a pouch(bought from a jeweller)-it came in a cream box with links of london embossed on it.

Original Poster

thanks guys, handing out the rep now

send me a link to the site via pm, i have brought loads of links stuff, and actually brought a new charm today so can do a quick comparison for you

barky;8229477

cant see it being real for that price,and my daughters didnt come in a … cant see it being real for that price,and my daughters didnt come in a pouch(bought from a jeweller)-it came in a cream box with links of london embossed on it.

i was lucky enough to get one last week (b'day) and it came in a pouch, in a cream box and tied with the ribbon - apparently the ribbon is the part that they forget to fake.
(i previously had a fake one that had a pouch looks similar to the real thing but of slightly different amterial) and a links box (well a copy of a links box), :thumbsup:

Banned

theres no better substitute for the real thing

avoid the bay

hncb0809;8230216

theres no better substitute for the real thingavoid the bay

+1 just avoid ebay for something like this as there are some really good fakes so you may not even notice at first.
The only time I would bother if it was a seller with very good feedback & they were supplying the receipt.

Original Poster

thanks all x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions