Groups

Linx 10

My friend has asked me to install Windows 10 Pro onto his Linx which came with home.

I cannot for the life of me get into the bios to go to Windows 7 Pro and upgrade from there using the assistive technologies route.(he has bad eye sight).

I have managed to get into the UEFI settings but no matter what I do, I cannot boot from the USB.

Has anybody any knowledge of this as I am completely stumped by something that I have found so simple over the years?

Appreciate the help.

8 Comments

Go to Linx support forums plenty of how to there
    Edited by: "Narkodrom" 9th Feb

Is it that you can't work out how to set it to boot from USB, or it wont boot from the USB device you have?

Disable UEFI security.

Original Poster

Daftfool666

Is it that you can't work out how to set it to boot from USB, or it wont … Is it that you can't work out how to set it to boot from USB, or it wont boot from the USB device you have?

​I can't get into the bios to change the boot order. When I get into UEFI I can select to boot usb but it boots Windows up as normal.

Original Poster

when I go via advanced restart in settings and select EFI usb boot utcsays windows doesnt have a usb boot option. wtf? never seen this before.

Banned

tommy6000009

when I go via advanced restart in settings and select EFI usb boot … when I go via advanced restart in settings and select EFI usb boot utcsays windows doesnt have a usb boot option. wtf? never seen this before.

very strange...

tommy6000009

when I go via advanced restart in settings and select EFI usb boot … when I go via advanced restart in settings and select EFI usb boot utcsays windows doesnt have a usb boot option. wtf? never seen this before.

I dropped W10 Pro on a Linx 10 for a neighbour. Will see if I can get access to it tomorrow to see how the UEFI options are set on that device.

Original Poster

tommy6000009

​I changed the usb to fat32 and it works. Strange as Windows usually has to be ntfs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions