Linx 10 bricked?

Found 21st Mar 2016
Hi, my Linx 10 is stuck on the Linx logo on boot up. Can you suggest anything. I have tried multiple reboots and even tried to boot with the Up Volume key held down but with no success.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Might sound daft but is it charged ? If it's got low battery it will reset mid boot.
Going to do a factory reset.
mattmerch

may find a solution here http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Linx is Windows not android. Was about to say try the Linx forums site but see you have already posted there!
P.S see your comment about trying the recovery image. Read the below thread about the fix as that image actually fails anyhow, below is way to get it to work.
linxtablet.co.uk/vie…=60
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 21st Mar 2016
Thanks. I used this image and guide which is quite recent.

linxtablet.co.uk/vie…890

I loaded it onto my OTG usb and booted up the tablet using the Right Volume technique but it isn't even booting into the BIOS settings still just hanging on the Linx icon. Doesn't look good.
I had a boot looped linx 7 and fixed with assistance of the manufacturer. linxsupport@exertis.co.uk
Petetobin

Thanks. I used this image and guide which is quite … Thanks. I used this image and guide which is quite recent.http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=890I loaded it onto my OTG usb and booted up the tablet using the Right Volume technique but it isn't even booting into the BIOS settings still just hanging on the Linx icon. Doesn't look good.

Use the other link I gave. Read the last few pages of that link you used and you'll see the comments about not working for Win 10 on the Linx 10. Also the below comment.

Ok, After reading this entire thread twice I realised something that linx 10 owners might not be aware of.
My device does NOT boot into recovery mode FIRST time whilst holding the Power And left volume button, It will instead continue to boot as normal.
At this point when the spinning dots appear under the linx logo I release and hold the power button for a further 10-11 seconds to switch off the device.
Infact, On a second attempt it repeats the same process.
Only after holding the power and left volume button on the third attempt will it come up with a "please wait" message under the Linx Logo and will proceed to boot in to the recovery menu.

Or stick a keyboard in and keep hitting "del" the easiest sure fire method lol.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 21st Mar 2016
Thought it was the Right volume button not the Left?
Petetobin

Thought it was the Right volume button not the Left?

Pass mine needs charged and by the time I charge it to check for you lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions