linx 10 owners help me!

Found 25th Oct 2015
I upgraded to Windows 10, without a backup first, (stupid I know!) during the boot, it must have self corrupted and now I have the blue screen boot loop saying "inaccessible boot device"

Reading around, for the most part, it says I need a backup usb stick to fix this issue.

Do any of you guys know of a fix or a workaround this issue?

If anyone has created a drive already and wants to copy it onto a spare usb, that would be great (I'll pay)
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Have you tried accessing the bios....think it's volume up and power at same time. If not then it's volume down and power at same time. See what the bios is set to for boot. If you downloaded windows 10 direct to the linx then your windows 8.1 will still be in there. Set boot in bios to start windows normally and see what it does.

In windows 8 / 8.1 you need a uefi usb boot device. Just downloading it from microsoft onto the linx or another pc and onto a usb stick does not create this. If you manage to get windows 8 back on your linx here is the method for putting 10 on it and at the same time getting rid of the greedy 5.6 or 5.8gb recovery partition.

Download win 10 onto a usb stick or direct onto the linx in a specified folder. Click on the setup file and let windows 10 install. Just follow the instructions on screen. Now when you have 10 on the device you will still have the recovery partition taking up valuable space of the previous windows 8/8.1, On my miix3 it didn't self delete after the 30 day period so need it to go.

Once you have windows 10 on the device you need a usb stick with nothing on it. 4gb minimum. Stick it in the linx, go to settings, system, back up and recovery. Create a back up of your current system. This will now create a uefi usb boot with windows 10 recovery. You can now change the boot order in the biso to boot from usb. Install windows from the recovery usb stick and it will install windows 10 and at the same time will remove 8.1 recovery partition giving you more space. This may not be the same for all windows tab etc but it was how I got it to work on the miix3. Am sure there are more people out there who know more than I do but this worked for me.

One thing you may want to do before you put 10 on is copy the recovery partition in case you want to go back.
If you get it up and running and want a clean install after it's working then look at the link below. It's the last post on the link.

forums.lenovo.com/t5/…604
Original Poster Banned
Smartguy1

If you get it up and running and want a clean install after it's working … If you get it up and running and want a clean install after it's working then look at the link below. It's the last post on the link.https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Mix-3-1030-delete-recovery-partition/td-p/2133604

Thanks for your replies! I haven't tried accessing the bios yet, as I've read the forums etc and for the life of me, I can't get the configurations to work. And then I read on another forum that the bios would need a keyboard anyway (which I don't have yet)

Do you reckon this would do the job? keyboard as I don't want to spend too much for it to basically laugh at me.

Worst case scenario, if the boot options are all set correctly.. Is it just a door stop?
mas_matt

Thanks for your replies! I haven't tried accessing the bios yet, as I've … Thanks for your replies! I haven't tried accessing the bios yet, as I've read the forums etc and for the life of me, I can't get the configurations to work. And then I read on another forum that the bios would need a keyboard anyway (which I don't have yet) Do you reckon this would do the job? keyboard as I don't want to spend too much for it to basically laugh at me. Worst case scenario, if the boot options are all set correctly.. Is it just a door stop?

Ah, forgot the linx doesn't have a keyboard....damn. Was comparing it to my miix3 which has. I can't see why any generic keyboard will not work within the bios settings of windows. You will need a micro to standard usb converter though. You may get more help on the linx forums but if it's bricked I can definitely recommend the miix3.
Original Poster Banned
Smartguy1

Ah, forgot the linx doesn't have a keyboard....damn. Was comparing it to … Ah, forgot the linx doesn't have a keyboard....damn. Was comparing it to my miix3 which has. I can't see why any generic keyboard will not work within the bios settings of windows. You will need a micro to standard usb converter though. You may get more help on the linx forums but if it's bricked I can definitely recommend the miix3.

The miix does look pretty good! Just ordered one of them adapters 99p! Bargain! Let's hope it works now! In fairness though, I got it so cheap, you would fall off your chair. So if I can't fix it, I haven't lost much haha!

Thanks for your help, appreciate it
Good luck. My guess is if you can access the bios and boot windows normally or select recovery it will boot from the recovery partition for windows 8 / 8.1 and then you can start again.
Original Poster Banned
Smartguy1

Good luck. My guess is if you can access the bios and boot windows … Good luck. My guess is if you can access the bios and boot windows normally or select recovery it will boot from the recovery partition for windows 8 / 8.1 and then you can start again.

I got it up and running! I had to create a recovery off a spare hp stream I had around the house. Then ran that through a micro usb 4 port hub. Worked a treat.

Only thing is now.. My screen rotation is 90 degrees out. I'm hoping Windows update will rectify!

Thanks again for your info
mas_matt

I got it up and running! I had to create a recovery off a spare hp stream … I got it up and running! I had to create a recovery off a spare hp stream I had around the house. Then ran that through a micro usb 4 port hub. Worked a treat. Only thing is now.. My screen rotation is 90 degrees out. I'm hoping Windows update will rectify! Thanks again for your info

I had/have the same issue, you can disable the screen rotation which should be a quick fix for it.
Original Poster Banned
Daftfool666

I had/have the same issue, you can disable the screen rotation which … I had/have the same issue, you can disable the screen rotation which should be a quick fix for it.

Have you still got this issue? The blue screen with inaccessible?

And yeah, I put it to the way I wanted it and just locked the screen. Works a treat
mas_matt

Have you still got this issue? The blue screen with inaccessible? And … Have you still got this issue? The blue screen with inaccessible? And yeah, I put it to the way I wanted it and just locked the screen. Works a treat

Sorry didn't see this reply. The issue I had was that I had just reflashed windows 8.1 to the device, but its rotation was out by 90degrees, i.e the bottom of the windows screen was always on the right hand side of the tablet. I simply disabled the rotation when the layout was how I wanted.

I also realised that I had reflashed the wrong win8.1 image, I will check if the new image and subsequent update to Win10 still gives me the same issue or not.
linxtablet.co.uk/vie…890 really handy site for linx owners, recovery images and drivers etc can all be found on it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants