Linx windows 10 tablet help

Found 15th Mar
My linx 1010b tablet recently had a windows 10 update which has stopped the sound working. I've searched on device manager and it's shown as no sound card installed.

In the control panel I've tried to reinstall the realtek 12s driver which hasn't worked either.

Has anyone had the same problem or got any advice. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
Windows updates has incorporated extra security that mandates how the kernel is accessed. This is important because the Windows kernel is the heart of the OS and for security reasons, the kernel should only be accessed in a way that Microsoft recommends - any other method of access is deemed illegal. Since drivers (as opposed to standard Windows executables) operate in kernel mode, they have access to the kernel but access should be achieved legally. So, the way to handle this this is to access Device Manager, right click the audio driver and uninstall it with the option to delete the drivers enabled. Following this, perform a scan for hardware changes and allow the driver to be automatically downloaded and installed from Microsoft's servers.
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, I've tried this and it says it's unable to find the driver.

It seems every time I get an update it causes more issues than it fixes, I lost the use of my camera on the last one.

I've tried to roll back but there doesn't seem to be an image to roll back to. Guess I'm going to be on the lookout for a new Android tablet.
Original Poster
Seems to be an issue with intel(R) Atom(tm) /celeron(r) /pentium (r) processor low power engine audio - host bridge - 0F28

Really annoying, spent the last couple of hours messing about with it but no luck.
Do you actually see the device in Device Manager? If you do, try right clicking on it, go to properties and turn off power management.
Original Poster
It doesn't even show up now, thanks for the suggestion though.
whitebook17 h, 2 m ago

It doesn't even show up now, thanks for the suggestion though.

You will see it when you select "Show Hidden Devices" in Device Manager -> View -> Show Hidden Devices. Right click the driver, uninstall and also enable the check box to delete the driver from the system. After deletion, perform a scan for hardware changes and NEVER install drivers from driver sources (such as DriverScape, DriverSource, etc) other than the device manufacturer or Microsoft (who usually hold the drivers supplied by the manufacturer or they may install generic drivers).
Edited by: "ElliottC" 17th Mar
Original Poster
I've actually just fixed it this morning, reinstalled windows that didn't help, tracked down all the original drivers from a linx forum and tried these which fixed the issue.

Thanks for help ElliottC, appreciate it.
whitebook4 m ago

I've actually just fixed it this morning, reinstalled windows that didn't …I've actually just fixed it this morning, reinstalled windows that didn't help, tracked down all the original drivers from a linx forum and tried these which fixed the issue. Thanks for help ElliottC, appreciate it.

Excellent. I knew it was possible as I had similar experience with a Chuwi Hi8 tablet. Good job!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions