Found 2nd Feb 2011
I know the transfer window is nailed shut and he is unlikely to leave barcleona anytime soon, but realistically how much is the 23 year old worth to a top club, such as Madrid arsenal united/city etc..

1. Misc
  2. Adidas
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Adidas
29 Comments

100 mill.
Thread/

only way i see barcelona accepting any bid is if they activate the release clause, not sure what that is but it used to be 250 million, doubt he would ever leave barcelona anyway

roadrunner1

100 mill. Thread/

messi is twice the player ronaldo is

Bout tree fiddy

Banned

arsenal and city top clubs?

Original Poster Banned

winifer

messi is twice the player ronaldo is

Let me ask you this then. Would you rather have one messi on the pitch or 2 ronaldos?

I'd rather own Messi than Facebook X)

Original Poster Banned

pyromania

arsenal and city top clubs?

I said city mainly because of their balance and yes of course arsenal are a top club.

he is worth liverpool fc

DangerGod

Let me ask you this then. Would you rather have one messi on the pitch or … Let me ask you this then. Would you rather have one messi on the pitch or 2 ronaldos?

depends if having 2 ronaldos means having 12 players, as obviously that, but if both had 11 players i would rather have messi and one other barcelona player than ronaldo :P

Ronaldo is overrated and has a poor season at real madrid, compared to messi who has been the best footballer over the past 4 or so years and will be for the near future

I would imagine he will leave very shortly after Guardiola leaves and the new manager comes in to make a right hash of it. Not many players of his stature and ability play in the same league all of their career and at some point I would thought he may fancy a test of his ability in another league. Either that or he will retire really early and go back to South America a very rich man.

Edited by: "greg_68" 2nd Feb 2011

winifer

depends if having 2 ronaldos means having 12 players, as obviously that, … depends if having 2 ronaldos means having 12 players, as obviously that, but if both had 11 players i would rather have messi and one other barcelona player than ronaldo :PRonaldo is overrated and has a poor season at real madrid, compared to messi who has been the best footballer over the past 4 or so years and will be for the near future

oO

He's averaging almost a goal a game since joining which is phenomonal. The only thing more amazing imo, is that there's someone who's even better than him.

If an English club had a choice between signing Ronaldo or Messi, I'm sure nearly all of them would go for Ronaldo as they know he can hack it in the Premier League. No doubt Messi would do well too, but you know what you'd be getting with Ronaldo.

Banned

Torres - £50m
Messi - £1bn

In a market where Andy Carroll is worth 35 million Messi is worth all the gold in Fort Knox

if they were to swap clubs barcelona would still win the league because they have a much better team than madrid.(not that madrid are all that bad themselves)

for me they are both on a par as the best just that messi plays for the best side in the world and they are winning things he gets touted as better.

winifer

depends if having 2 ronaldos means having 12 players, as obviously that, … depends if having 2 ronaldos means having 12 players, as obviously that, but if both had 11 players i would rather have messi and one other barcelona player than ronaldo :PRonaldo is overrated and has a poor season at real madrid, compared to messi who has been the best footballer over the past 4 or so years and will be for the near future

lol @ ronaldo overated!

68 games
65 goals
16 assists

i think messi is priceless tbh and ronaldo now also

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if Man City put a £100 million + bid in for either Messi, Ronaldo or both once ECL qualification is assured.

I too had a titter at the Ronaldo overrated comment, obviously not watched any la liga this season as I think Ronaldo is actually better than Messi over this season. he also plays in a poorer team which doesn't help.

master_chief

Torres - £50mMessi - £1bn

Carroll £35 million
Messi £3 billion.

Original Poster Banned

That wouldn't surprise me either Greg but I still wouldn't sell ronaldo for that if city offered. Barcelona could sell messi mind and still be the dominant force they are.

I can see Jose coming to City and Pep coming to Utd in the near future, given the allowance Jose would get at City who else is there to buy but those two.....and Carroll of course?

greg_68

I can see Jose coming to City and Pep coming to Utd in the near future, … I can see Jose coming to City and Pep coming to Utd in the near future, given the allowance Jose would get at City who else is there to buy but those two.....and Carroll of course?

Both want to be future man u managers don't they? I know mourinho has said that many times

Sloth/Mod

He is at the currently the biggest club in the world. If he was to leave it would need to be Real Madrid for their stature. Anything else in playing terms is going to be a backwards step.

Oh.........and transfer from Argentina to Brazil.. lol

Sloth/Mod

greg_68

I can see Jose coming to City and Pep coming to Utd in the near future, … I can see Jose coming to City and Pep coming to Utd in the near future, given the allowance Jose would get at City who else is there to buy but those two.....and Carroll of course?

My money is on Jose back to Chelsea in the summer. Roman has already started Jose's shopping list for him.

If a team as negotiating for messi, they will be bidding at 120m and the agent will be asking for 150m... if man city was negotiating it will be 800m and the agent will be asking for 1b!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YGLQQZTHoU0/SmTjus47poI/AAAAAAAAJOQ/sadbYnyBaBc/s400/drevil.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Would need to be a brave man to make the jump from barca to Madrid. Oh boy...

Sloth/Mod

DangerGod

Would need to be a brave man to make the jump from barca to Madrid. Oh … Would need to be a brave man to make the jump from barca to Madrid. Oh boy...

Remember this?

http://laligabase.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/figo-pigs-head.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Yeah. Scary stuff. Lol

Syzable

My money is on Jose back to Chelsea in the summer. Roman has already … My money is on Jose back to Chelsea in the summer. Roman has already started Jose's shopping list for him.

Had exactly the same thoughts until last week, I am not sure if they had any intention of replacing Ancelotti in the near future whether they would have let him spend £75 million. of course you could argue that they were bought with JM's say so but i doubt it tbh.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769450
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1845
    3. Wow apple you really are bad55
    4. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.713

See more discussions