Listing on ebay, what's the rules about "new" etc in the title.

Found 7th Feb 2009
Just listing something on ebay, usually put "brand new" in the title so people can see it's brand new in case they haven't selected to only see new items.

Have read there's silly rules now about using words like "new" in the title. Anyone know whether it's ok to put "brand new" in the title. I usually put UK too so people know it's not gonna cost them to import or take ages.

Thanks!

10 Comments

I think you can't put "like new" or "as new"

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4315817

Ah, I see, as you would be including the word new when it's actually not new.

Makes sense I guess!

Thankyou.

yeah they removed my listing for writing as new in the title and told me i could only state the word new if it was in fact new

ChipSticks;4315817

yeah that was my understanding. If it is new then putting new is ok, but putting like new may confuse or bee seen as misleading people.

i always put MINT CONDITION in title if i feel it really is like new.
I always make sure people are aware that it is used but this emphasises the condition.
i often use it for things like dvd's that we have only used once and the case is perfect. i also say whether i feel it could be given as a gift or not to someone. Many younger children especially would not know something was not brand new if the box and packaging is all intact.

Goofey's Girl;4316451

i always put MINT CONDITION in title if i feel it really is like new. I … i always put MINT CONDITION in title if i feel it really is like new. I always make sure people are aware that it is used but this emphasises the condition.i often use it for things like dvd's that we have only used once and the case is perfect. i also say whether i feel it could be given as a gift or not to someone. Many younger children especially would not know something was not brand new if the box and packaging is all intact.

Thats wrong!!!! and you just made people aware on here not to trust you if you list anything!!!

I think she means she sells to the parents and offers her opinion as to whether they can pass it off to their kids as new not selling to the adult as new

caggarooney;4316493

I think she means she sells to the parents and offers her opinion as to … I think she means she sells to the parents and offers her opinion as to whether they can pass it off to their kids as new not selling to the adult as new

I see, ok.

yes maybe it was how i have worded it but you have totally misunderstood what i was trying to say.
i am actually very very honest with people and have over 200 feedbacks and am 100%

i just meant that some of the things i sell are in such good condition they could be given to children at christmas as presents. Over the years my boys have been given things such as games and jig saws that other than take the sellophane off they havent even used. these are examples of the sort of thing i meant. i would put mint condition and then in the text put something like....this would make a lovely present.

sorry i didnt mean to imply anything else. over the years i have found my complete honesty has made me a trustworthy seller.

Goofey's Girl;4317063

yes maybe it was how i have worded it but you have totally misunderstood … yes maybe it was how i have worded it but you have totally misunderstood what i was trying to say.i am actually very very honest with people and have over 200 feedbacks and am 100%i just meant that some of the things i sell are in such good condition they could be given to children at christmas as presents. Over the years my boys have been given things such as games and jig saws that other than take the sellophane off they havent even used. these are examples of the sort of thing i meant. i would put mint condition and then in the text put something like....this would make a lovely present.sorry i didnt mean to imply anything else. over the years i have found my complete honesty has made me a trustworthy seller.

No, I can see what you meant now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quitting smoking today78
    2. Fire stick22
    3. Northern Lights Trip33
    4. Router recommendations33

See more discussions