Lithium Ion Batteries with Rechargeable 18650 Batteries

Posted 3rd Nov
Hi,

I am looking to buy some Lithium Ion Batteries (type 18650 Batteries)
will be using them in LED flashlights.

Anyone know any good places that sell reliable batteries of this type that wont blow up in my face lol
Purchased a few torches without the 18650 batteries, currently using normal AAA batteries.
guess i will need the plastic case(housing)? and seperate recharging unit too
amazon.co.uk/Lin…8-6
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
If you have not read this already you may find it useful
makeuseof.com/tag…ry/
There was a deal on a nitecore d4 charger here a few days ago for £17.99, they're fantastic chargers. Last batteries I bought were from fogstar, not cheapest but guaranteed quality. I had an advert on my Facebook last night for 20 or 25% off, I normally but them when that comes up. Last time I got 4x Samsung 3000mah for something like £24 delivered. All adds up but quality batteries which won't blow up in your face unless you do something stupid with them!
I normally use the deals section of budget light forum and get Samsungs, normally decent deals if you check a few of the threads. Mostly from banggood.
tardytortoise03/11/2019 14:57

If you have not read this already you may find it …If you have not read this already you may find it usefulhttps://www.makeuseof.com/tag/18650-battery/

Wow very useful and informative
Saved so i can refer to it in future
Thanks very much
18650.uk/

Have genuine, quality batteries. You might find discount codes too.
dirty_stan03/11/2019 15:01

There was a deal on a nitecore d4 charger here a few days ago for £17.99, …There was a deal on a nitecore d4 charger here a few days ago for £17.99, they're fantastic chargers. Last batteries I bought were from fogstar, not cheapest but guaranteed quality. I had an advert on my Facebook last night for 20 or 25% off, I normally but them when that comes up. Last time I got 4x Samsung 3000mah for something like £24 delivered. All adds up but quality batteries which won't blow up in your face unless you do something stupid with them!

I missed out
Do you have a link to deal that expired please?
Im thinking long term, buy a multi-pack maybe with charger as im planning to go abroad where electricity is not reliable and always have power cuts.
lamboo03/11/2019 15:10

Wow very useful and informativeSaved so i can refer to it in futureThanks …Wow very useful and informativeSaved so i can refer to it in futureThanks very much

And I just found this also:-
commonsensehome.com/186…ry/

fogstar.co.uk or 18650.uk are the only sites i'd buy them from.

If buying from Fogstar they have a 25% discount code every Friday so if you're not in a Rush i'd wait until then, the upcoming Friday code should be NOVEMBER8.
If you are a skinflint harvest them from old laptop batteries. Try looking for battery bins in supermarkets and DIY shops and then just ask at customer services if you can take them to reuse.
Some you win some you lose. Had a HP 6 cell one where all the batteries were gone. An Acer 3 cell with 2 good ones and a Toshiba 5 cell that were all working.

Never seem to find power tool batteries in the bins even in the DIY stores. So either store staff take them or people never bring them in.
lamboo03/11/2019 15:13

I missed out Do you have a link to deal that expired please?Im thinking …I missed out Do you have a link to deal that expired please?Im thinking long term, buy a multi-pack maybe with charger as im planning to go abroad where electricity is not reliable and always have power cuts.

Looks like the nitecore charger deal is still on here: hotukdeals.com/dea…643

And @Zooicidal has covered the fogstar discount code above too!
The NOVEMBER1 code is still valid on fogstar, the 4x samsung 30Q's I bought are £13.35 + shipping right now so a lot cheaper than what I thought I paid. Don't know what the batteries are like for torches but they're 3000mah capacity so should last a long time.
Definitely Fogstar. And wait until Friday to order as they have bigger discounts onFridays.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants