Little acts of kindness

Posted 30th Nov
So woke up this morning with a message from someone in this community offering to pass on something of theirs. Maybe it’s not much to them, but the gesture in itself has touched me. I’m a complete stranger and they really didn’t need to, and it’s made my day, so in these times of selfishness, what little act of kindness have you received that given you faith back 😁
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
We were in Disney World recently and when we checked into our Disney hotel, a little boy came over and gifted my son a Mickey Mouse balloon (will have cost over $20) as he couldn't take it on the plane.

When we checked out 5 days later, we did the same and passed it to a little girl with a little note. The look of thanks from the parents and girl was all you could ask, made the girls day and the parents were over the moon they don't have to waste $20 on some useless plastic

I'm a firm believer of gifting others wherever you can, no questions or expectations. One of my pet hates is when people splash it all over social media to show how good a human they are. It just screams publicity stunt.
Edited by: "darlodge" 30th Nov
6 Comments
Thanks for sharing this.

There are some lovely folks on here.

@Will21 kindly gave me a Unidays code the other and it’s really meant a lot to me.

I have also had pm’s from people saying they appreciate my deals which is lovely.
We were in Disney World recently and when we checked into our Disney hotel, a little boy came over and gifted my son a Mickey Mouse balloon (will have cost over $20) as he couldn't take it on the plane.

When we checked out 5 days later, we did the same and passed it to a little girl with a little note. The look of thanks from the parents and girl was all you could ask, made the girls day and the parents were over the moon they don't have to waste $20 on some useless plastic

I'm a firm believer of gifting others wherever you can, no questions or expectations. One of my pet hates is when people splash it all over social media to show how good a human they are. It just screams publicity stunt.
Edited by: "darlodge" 30th Nov
darlodge30/11/2019 11:46

We were in Disney World recently and when we checked into our Disney …We were in Disney World recently and when we checked into our Disney hotel, a little boy came over and gifted my son a Mickey Mouse balloon (will have cost over $20) as he couldn't take it on the plane.When we checked out 5 days later, we did the same and passed it to a little girl with a little note. The look of thanks from the parents and girl was all you could ask, made the girls day and the parents were over the moon they don't have to waste $20 on some useless plastic I'm a firm believer of gifting others wherever you can, no questions or expectations. One of my pet hates is when people splash it all over social media to show how good a human they are. It just screams publicity stunt.

That is really nice! I bet the kids were over the moon, my kids are suckers for balloons. I am trying to instil the same in my kids, my parents were always generous with their time and stuff. If you have something and don’t need it or cannot use, pass it onto someone who will
Ah, that's really nice of them!

When we were on holiday last year, somebody ahead of us at a bridge toll booth had paid for the toll for a number of cars following them and I just thought it was so nice! So simple but it puts a smile on your face that there are some lovely people out there.. I think it was like a $7 toll as well so it can't have been cheap paying for numerous cars.

One of my friends is really lovely when it comes to things like this and she never boasts about what she's done for anybody either.. she's an all round good egg who always makes me want to do more good deeds! We were in a shop a few years ago and she was talking to the shop assistant who mentioned that she needed to throw a pirate themed birthday party for her son that night, but probably wouldn't have chance to go and get items for it as she was stuck in the shop. My friend went and bought her a load of pirate themed items and took them back to the shop for this stranger and didn't ask for anything in return. I like to think I'm a nice person but doing that wouldn't have even crossed my mind!
We've jusy taken out a bathroom in our new (but very old) flat we've just moved to. This included a new bath which sadly came scratched but the company we bought it from offered a replacement and told us to dispose of the scratched one (in itself that was very kind).

We were going to take it to local dump but we thought we'd ask to see if anyone may want it so missus put it on fb (I don't use social media). Within about an hour, she had a number of people asking to take it off our hands and the guy who picked up the whole suite had just lost his job but needing to put in a new bathroom suite. The shower enclosure and panels were a bit dirty but a spruce up and they'd be fine. He was absolutely over the moon with the timing and joked that's his project for the upcoming week. So much nicer than tossing it in the dump if someone else can utilise it.

He did us a favour in turn as otherwise we'd need to hire a van to take everything to the dump. Unsure if a good deed but great we've helped a perfect stranger out and he in turn for us too.
I think for the most part ( and as illustrated by ohoebe in friends) there is no such as an unselfish good deed, but you made someone’s day, especially as he was having a hard time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants