little bit of gardening advice/tips needed.

Hi all,

i know there are a few avid gardeners on her so i though i would ask for some advise. This is the first year i have a decent garden after doing buiding work constantly for goodness knows how long, so i want to make the most of it. I have several tubs & love hanging baskets. Was just wondering if anyone had some recommendations as to what i should put in them.

so far i have for the baskets trailing fushias trailing begonias and lobelia. then for the tubs i have bush fushias for the centre.

anyone name me a few more nice bright filler plants for the tubs or extras for the hanging baskets.

any help much appreciated as i just dont know where to start when i go to the garden centre, and most of the staff there seem to know little or less than me.

6 Comments

Pelargoniums and Geraniums are I think wonderful in tubs and baskets. Also Begonia's are great try a variety called Supercascade Apricot shades its an F1 so flowers really well with double blooms

Something I did last year was put some trailing Strawberry plants in my baskets
They Were Tarpan F1 types and I think a variety called Roman F 1 work well.

Come into this thread where all the gardeners are. They're really helpful, even to useless gardeners like me!

hotukdeals.com/mis…=13

Original Poster

thanks for both replies guys will have a look for the supercascades & never thought to do strawberries, we have them in pots but baskets may stop the birds going for them.

cheers for the link kaks26 will have a look at that thread a little later.

kaks26

Come into this thread where all the gardeners are. They're really … Come into this thread where all the gardeners are. They're really helpful, even to useless gardeners like me!

apart from kaks who is destructive
Edited by: "richp" 6th Apr 2011

Pop into B&Q they have a leaflet about how to make up hanging baskets, it also tells you what plants to put in for different times of the year.

Original Poster

mrsj2008

Pop into B&Q they have a leaflet about how to make up hanging baskets, it … Pop into B&Q they have a leaflet about how to make up hanging baskets, it also tells you what plants to put in for different times of the year.

thanks for the advise ill have a look thru the how to leaflet section next time i am in there, always asumed they were for just diy stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions