Little heads up - Abbey Tracker Mortgages

Supermod
Just a little heads up that Abbey are releasing Tracker mortgages tomorrow. They will be the first lender to do so since the Bank of England base rate cut.

I am led to believe that the rate is going to be 1.99% over the current Bank of England base rate so it should be 4.99%.

I dont know the details of how much deposit you need but I do know that the arrangement fee will be £995.

Please see the link in the first post to work out how much your repayments are likely to be.

5 Comments

wow! 1.99% over the base rate, that's generous!

Wasn't long ago that lenders were giving a discount from the base rate.

Original Poster Supermod

Exactly. My mortgage was 1.13% over the base rate. I guess we just sit tight and see what happens.

So if the interest rate returns to 5.5% as it was a few months ago, you pay 7.49%

Horrendous!!

Good job this isnt in deals as it'd be frozen stiff :w00t:

Original Poster Supermod

££ JASE ££;3437869

So if the interest rate returns to 5.5% as it was a few months ago, you … So if the interest rate returns to 5.5% as it was a few months ago, you pay 7.49%Horrendous!!Good job this isnt in deals as it'd be frozen stiff :w00t:

Thats the chance you take. It could go down or up. I think though it will reduce to 2.75 by the end of January. It will then not double for quite some time.

This has now gone live.
abbey.com/csg…cto
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PS4 Beta Software Version 522
    2. What an absolute disgrace2160
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports914
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??88

See more discussions