Groups
    EXPIRED

little help here, I have decided to go on a Diet, but which one ? any Ideas

everytime i turn on the telly, its weightwatchers slimming world, and the new one Lighter life ?? its a lot more confusing than i thought any one with any help ?

17 Comments

i'm in the same position would love too lose some weight but wait for the nasty comments thats why i never asked on here

Original Poster

linw;7458152

i'm in the same position would love too lose some weight but wait for the … i'm in the same position would love too lose some weight but wait for the nasty comments thats why i never asked on here

I know but hey there the ones with the warpped minds, sad really, but usually the good ones well outway the bad ones, thats what I have always found
    :thumbsup:

i did slimming world about 4 years ago and lost nearly 7 stone....have been an 8 since then ..it works...classes are crap though(they werent for me,some love them)...i went once got all the books and bought the magazine and still stick to red/green days...its easy to follow....i just go to the gym alot now...and eat very healthy.......good luck in whatever you do..xxxx

If you can look at a longer term dietary change rather than a short-term weight loss, I would recommend looking at the fundamentals of nutrition and food. One of the best books I ever read is called Eat Yourself Slim - Michel Montignac. You can find out more about the concept ]here or ]here and the book is available at ]Amazon. Interestingly enough, there is a ]book specially for women...though I've never read it!

The key thing is to eat sensibly, learn about the Glycemic Index and cut out modern processed foods as much as possible.

Oh, and as much exercise as possible...obviously!

Good Luck!

Keeping a food diary is the best thing. Write down what you've eaten over the last few days and look at where you could realistically have made small changes to start off with and use a smaller plate when putting food out for evening meal. It's not drastic so will be easier to stick to.

Hi......

look at the link I posted a couple of days ago re: Weight Watchers...ends up costing you nothing online for 3 months if you go via Quidco........£30.00 cashback

Good Luck & ignore ALL negative comments!!:-D
    Here is the Link hotukdeals.com/ite…an-

Original Poster

thanks for the replies, its really appreciated

Yes, smaller plates DO make a difference...we tend to eat 15-20% more than we should by using larger plates (according to research findings). Also, eat 3-4 medium sized meals a day rather than 1-2 large meals; so a decent breakfast & lunch and a moderate tea/dinner. Also have balanced meals with slightly higher levels of protein than carbohydrates, fat, fibre, vitamins or salts as protein tells the brain that you are full.

The magic word is calorie counting!

If you want to loose weight, you should ideally take in ~ 1000 calories (or a little less).

Make a list of the things you would like to eat/drink and their corresponding calorie values, then pick and mix meals and snacks to suit your desired overall calorie intake for the day.

Oh and drink a lot of water, great way of beating hunger, without actually eating.

gren05;7458469

Hi...... look at the link I posted a couple of days ago re: Weight … Hi...... look at the link I posted a couple of days ago re: Weight Watchers...ends up costing you nothing online for 3 months if you go via Quidco........£30.00 cashbackGood Luck & ignore ALL negative comments!!:-DHere is the Link http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/574389/weightwatchers-3-month-online-plan-

i do weightwatchers lost 11lb in 4 weeks before christmas :-D good thing about ww is that you can eat whatever you want within your points limit :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheerleader;7458781

i do weightwatchers lost 11lb in 4 weeks before christmas :-D good … i do weightwatchers lost 11lb in 4 weeks before christmas :-D good thing about ww is that you can eat whatever you want within your points limit :thumbsup:

Thats brilliant :-D

tinktink;7458885

Thats brilliant :-D

thanks :thumbsup: it was until i had 2 weeks off for christmas and put on 3 1/2lbs :oops: oh well getting back on track now ;-)

My recommendation is: Eat Clean, no processed pap. Lower your carbs unless you are a world athelete(and most of us are not). Try and have protein with each meal. There you go Simple. Hope this helps. Plus some good strengthing and conditioning exercises.

I did Slimming Word a few years ago and lost 1.5 stone in 10 weeks....they seem expensive now in comparison to Weight Watchers who have free registration offer at the moment.

My friend did a slight reduction food wise and took up walking - she's lost about 4 stone in 10 months.

I'm going to try cutting out crisps and chocolate and using the Just Dance thing on the Wii for a good workout each night...see how I go as can't really afford to pay for classes at the mo.

After losing a lot of weight over the last year (still a bit to go) this is what worked for me - I don't consider myself to be on a diet so there isn't anything to stop / "come off" if you see what I mean, this is my normal eating now:

* smaller plate so I eat less portions on my main evening meal
    * swapping to lower calorie alternatives - e.g. bread, pasta sauces
    * cutting out all cakes, pastries, pies, biccies etc
    * exercise - taking up activities I enjoy so I'm not doing it for the sake of it (I haven't been near a gym, I'd get bored of it eventually & stop going)
    * allow myself a treat of a bag of maltesers once a week
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Most cushioned running trainers?33
      2. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…22
      3. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?44
      4. Cordial....11

See more discussions