Little help please guys. Should be an easy one for hukd vets and heavy users.

Found 28th Dec 2017
Hi guys, I'm sure I've seen comments on deals that have quoted more than 1 comment by other users. I have tried to quote a message but then couldn't find any way to add another quote. maybe this can't be done on app? (I'm on android if it makes a differance).
I just want to thank a few people who have helped me without having to spam the board with comment for each one.

Thanks guys
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I think just quote one, copy and paste everything then quote another and paste it below. Or maybe chill I quote next to two different ones and it will aggregate them automatically
Yes the latter works for me, just click quote next to every one you want to quote and it will put them one after another in the same box
TheOak1 m ago

I think just quote one, copy and paste everything then quote another and …I think just quote one, copy and paste everything then quote another and paste it below. Or maybe chill I quote next to two different ones and it will aggregate them automatically

TheOak24 s ago

Yes the latter works for me, just click quote next to every one you want …Yes the latter works for me, just click quote next to every one you want to quote and it will put them one after another in the same box

Tada
TheOak10 m ago

Yes the latter works for me, just click quote next to every one you want …Yes the latter works for me, just click quote next to every one you want to quote and it will put them one after another in the same box

Thanks for the quick reply. But now I have clicked quote I am now typing this with the full screen used for this message (write a new comment box). I have no access to other msgs unless I click the back button, this prompts me to discard msg or cancel.

I no this is not a big deal but little things are handy to know. And now I see it done I want to know lol
TheOak42 m ago

I think just quote one, copy and paste everything then quote another and …I think just quote one, copy and paste everything then quote another and paste it below. Or maybe chill I quote next to two different ones and it will aggregate them automatically

BFCsider31 m ago

Thanks for the quick reply. But now I have clicked quote I am now typing …Thanks for the quick reply. But now I have clicked quote I am now typing this with the full screen used for this message (write a new comment box). I have no access to other msgs unless I click the back button, this prompts me to discard msg or cancel.I no this is not a big deal but little things are handy to know. And now I see it done I want to know lol

I get the same as you on the app, just switched to Firefox and quoted you both I think.
Yeah you're correct, it can't be done on the app (or not that I've been able to work out). Just swap to a browser if you need to do this. No need to copy and paste stuff, though that may prove easier/as easy, just click quote again on the relevant post and it will add the quote in at the cursor position.
bryanhaines3992 h, 39 m ago

Yeah you're correct, it can't be done on the app (or not that I've been …Yeah you're correct, it can't be done on the app (or not that I've been able to work out). Just swap to a browser if you need to do this. No need to copy and paste stuff, though that may prove easier/as easy, just click quote again on the relevant post and it will add the quote in at the cursor position.

It works for me on the app, thats where i was testing
TheOak28 m ago

It works for me on the app, thats where i was testing

How? When I click quote it brings up a new window where I can't see any posts, only what I'm quoting.

Edit: oh you said something about aggregating, not sure if I didn't read your post or if I stopped reading as i didn't know what you were saying due to, what I assume is, a typo (I have attention problems).

So if you reply twice without anyone replying in between it does that I assume, but if you specifically want to double quote in one post it's a bit unreliable, especially if it's a busy thread. You could double quote then go back and edit in an answer, meanwhile people are wondering why you posted two quotes and added nothing.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 28th Dec 2017
bryanhaines3993 m ago

How? When I click quote it brings up a new window where I can't see any …How? When I click quote it brings up a new window where I can't see any posts, only what I'm quoting.

I think it must just be a different app version or different mobile. Mine just jumps to the bottom of the screen with all the comments still on the same screen, above it
TheOak11 m ago

I think it must just be a different app version or different mobile. Mine …I think it must just be a different app version or different mobile. Mine just jumps to the bottom of the screen with all the comments still on the same screen, above it

I see, I'm on latest android app, works the same on my phone and tablet. Tbh I'm not sure why I use the app as I sometimes swap to a browser to overcome limitations.
Yeah, as far as I know you can no longer quote stuff manually with [quote] tags, you have to use the website and click multiple times on the post if you want to quote different parts of a post separately or quote multiple posts.

It's not too bad when you get used to it but it is rather unwieldy compared to the previous system.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants